User Tag List

Page 1 of 79 12311 ... LastLast

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Figured I'd start off the new thread with something not Transformers related! F4F have revealed their Skyward Sword 1/4 statue of Link:

It's not 1/4 ( that would be insanely massive ) but it is very nice! I loved SS so i'm interested to see what else comes!

A new thread and it doesn't start with a Transformer?! The fanboys will be up in arms, lol.

Dissapointed we never got a decent thread title, shame on you SF, but kudos for putting up a nice looking statue to start the new thread off.

Just noticed Kier the Valkyrie is up for p/o on SSC if anyone is interested. It certainly looks a nice piece.
    Last edited by Super Grover; 28-10-2014 at 07:28 PM.

I'm not looking down on figure collectors as it's hardly different from game collecting really, but games don't really need to be on display.

Where do collectors of these figures put them on display? Do girlfriends and wives not object to them? Do they often end up stored in boxes?

Mine are kept in a glass lit up display case in my room, mostly gaming relalated ones. The boxes can be a problem as they can't be thrown away as they hold all the extra parts for each figure. Still yet to find an elegant solution to storing those.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover View Post
    A new thread and it doesn't start with a Transformer?! The fanboys will be up in arms, lol.

Dissapointed we never got a decent thread title, shame on you SF, but kudos for putting up a nice looking statue to start the new thread off.

Just noticed Kier the Valkyrie is up for p/o on SSC if anyone is interested. It certainly looks a nice piece.
    I'm getting Kier.
    Not in a rush to pre-order her though as I don't think she'll be a quick sell out (Queen still available & Siren is still there too) & I'm going to see what Collectibles Direct do as the extended Layaway is a bonus.

I already have Queen on order so Kier will look great with her.

Have you seen the details on the Skull she is holding they are unreal...

Quote Originally Posted by id-republix View Post
    I'm not looking down on figure collectors as it's hardly different from game collecting really, but games don't really need to be on display.

Where do collectors of these figures put them on display? Do girlfriends and wives not object to them? Do they often end up stored in boxes?
    Mine all currently end up in boxes in storage as I have NO space for anything, but I keep adding as there is always something I want.
    Eventually when I can display pieces I will have to work on a rotation basis as I'll never get everything on show otherwise.

Anyway I had some time at lunch today to open up my Play Arts Batman & Robin...

They are hugely impressive, detail is brilliant, really weighty & have a good quality feel about them
    Batman is pretty top heavy & I had some difficulty getting him to stand easily.
    Robin was a doddle though & had no problems with him

All in I'm really pleased with them & for ?55 for the pair I certainly couldn't miss out on them

Neil

I was tempted to call this something like Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0: Build It and They Shall Come but it immediately makes a long title Mega-long

I'm starting to wonder what I should do about my figure purchases. Next one for me to buy would probably be ArtFX Wonder Woman but collectiblesdirect seems to have stopped getting things in that I'm after.

So thanks to an impending obsession with the Play Arts figures I have been scouring for more to buy & I stumbled across the pics of the upcoming Hawkman & Darkseid...

I doubt I'll get either but man do they look impressive.
    Hawkman has a $120 price tag though so WAY too dear for me.
    I will most likely just stick to Bat family so Batgirl & Nightwing will probably be the only other 2 I get.

Neil

Is there a new Sideshow Doctor Doom coming out next year?

few sites been taking the mic out of the zelda statue as link looks a bit manic, and i have to say not much like link.