Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Figured I'd start off the new thread with something not Transformers related! F4F have revealed their Skyward Sword 1/4 statue of Link:

Last edited by charlesr; 20-01-2021, 21:04.

It's not 1/4 ( that would be insanely massive ) but it is very nice! I loved SS so i'm interested to see what else comes!

Comment

A new thread and it doesn't start with a Transformer?! The fanboys will be up in arms, lol.

Dissapointed we never got a decent thread title, shame on you SF, but kudos for putting up a nice looking statue to start the new thread off.

Just noticed Kier the Valkyrie is up for p/o on SSC if anyone is interested. It certainly looks a nice piece.
      Last edited by Super Grover; 28-10-2014, 20:28.

Comment

I'm not looking down on figure collectors as it's hardly different from game collecting really, but games don't really need to be on display.

Where do collectors of these figures put them on display? Do girlfriends and wives not object to them? Do they often end up stored in boxes?

Comment

Mine are kept in a glass lit up display case in my room, mostly gaming relalated ones. The boxes can be a problem as they can't be thrown away as they hold all the extra parts for each figure. Still yet to find an elegant solution to storing those.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
            A new thread and it doesn't start with a Transformer?! The fanboys will be up in arms, lol.

Dissapointed we never got a decent thread title, shame on you SF, but kudos for putting up a nice looking statue to start the new thread off.

Just noticed Kier the Valkyrie is up for p/o on SSC if anyone is interested. It certainly looks a nice piece.
            I'm getting Kier.
            Not in a rush to pre-order her though as I don't think she'll be a quick sell out (Queen still available & Siren is still there too) & I'm going to see what Collectibles Direct do as the extended Layaway is a bonus.

I already have Queen on order so Kier will look great with her.

Have you seen the details on the Skull she is holding they are unreal...

Originally posted by id-republix View Post
            I'm not looking down on figure collectors as it's hardly different from game collecting really, but games don't really need to be on display.

Where do collectors of these figures put them on display? Do girlfriends and wives not object to them? Do they often end up stored in boxes?
            Mine all currently end up in boxes in storage as I have NO space for anything, but I keep adding as there is always something I want.
            Eventually when I can display pieces I will have to work on a rotation basis as I'll never get everything on show otherwise.

Anyway I had some time at lunch today to open up my Play Arts Batman & Robin...

They are hugely impressive, detail is brilliant, really weighty & have a good quality feel about them
            Batman is pretty top heavy & I had some difficulty getting him to stand easily.
            Robin was a doddle though & had no problems with him

All in I'm really pleased with them & for ?55 for the pair I certainly couldn't miss out on them

Neil

Comment

I was tempted to call this something like Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0: Build It and They Shall Come but it immediately makes a long title Mega-long

I'm starting to wonder what I should do about my figure purchases. Next one for me to buy would probably be ArtFX Wonder Woman but collectiblesdirect seems to have stopped getting things in that I'm after.

Comment

So thanks to an impending obsession with the Play Arts figures I have been scouring for more to buy & I stumbled across the pics of the upcoming Hawkman & Darkseid...

I doubt I'll get either but man do they look impressive.
                Hawkman has a $120 price tag though so WAY too dear for me.
                I will most likely just stick to Bat family so Batgirl & Nightwing will probably be the only other 2 I get.

Neil

Comment

Is there a new Sideshow Doctor Doom coming out next year?

Comment

few sites been taking the mic out of the zelda statue as link looks a bit manic, and i have to say not much like link.

Comment

I think DC Play arts Kai figures look god awful, did you see what they did with Green Lantern? The Arkham ones have been decent because they have stuck to the designs but the general DC stuff all has this ridiculous style to it which i just don't like. I've said before but i just don't like PAK stuff overall

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Is there a new Sideshow Doctor Doom coming out next year?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...ibles-3001981/ Here you go. Ex isn't great but is still availiable. Might be worth getting him on CDUK if you aren't interested in the EX.

Marvel Premium Format Figure Dr DoomMarvel Premium Format Figure Dr Doom 60 cm - The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! Featuring one of the most popular comic book supervillains of all time, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the D

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      I'm getting Kier.
                      Not in a rush to pre-order her though as I don't think she'll be a quick sell out (Queen still available & Siren is still there too) & I'm going to see what Collectibles Direct do as the extended Layaway is a bonus.

I already have Queen on order so Kier will look great with her.

Have you seen the details on the Skull she is holding they are unreal...

Kier is up on CDUK for ?315. Only thing that annoys me about CDUK is how long after Sideshow he gets them lol, i'm just getting my Mark VII LSB this month and it was out months ago.

You got the room for Kier Neil? 28 inches tall! She's huge!

I just hope that because it is Sideshows baby they put all the effort into getting the production pieces looking like the proto because these things are incredibly detailed and lush-ously painted and anything less than that is gonna be such a big disappointment.

But yeah no rush on her at all, i'd put the 10% down on CDUK and forget about her fro a year lol

PCS have the 1/3 Scorpion up for Order on Monday at $699 if you pay up front you get a $105 discount! Limited to 250, 28 inches tall, light up base and light up switch out skull!

He will be mine
                      Last edited by NeoDragoN; 29-10-2014, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        few sites been taking the mic out of the zelda statue as link looks a bit manic, and i have to say not much like link.

I don't think it's that bad, he's excited! The more i look at this i want it to be honest lol.

Comment

Thanks Neo, that looks great.

I don't think I could ever justify ?300 on a statue though

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Thanks Neo, that looks great.

I don't think I could ever justify ?300 on a statue though
                            You do think that at first.....then you get a few more and then suddenly you start saying things like "oh my god it's only ?500 that's like a bargain" lol .

I think if you really love a character and want a good representation of them then i don't think the money will matter once it's in hand. Also a 1/4 statue like that Doom is really impressive in hand if you haven't seen anything in 1/4 before.

My advice would be put down the 10% on CDUK and throw ?20 a month on it, that's ?5 a week, which you'd only spend on other crap and then 12 months down the line he's pretty much paid off and you haven't taken that ?290 hit in one big chunk.....and trust me once he's in hand you'll be more than happy and if not you sell him off for probably more than what you paid...

Comment

Pinhead statue is now up for pre-order.

CD have it for ?345, but if you want the EX Edition (open Lament Configuration Puzzle), you'll need to go over to SSC.

I'll be interested to see how this turns out. The pins are probably the most crucial part, and one of the most difficult to replicate (from a symmetry PoV). Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X