Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Dammit! That's two lovely Lamborghinis in Age of Extinction.
    I might end up watching it...

That Lamborghini Centenario certainly draws a crowd!

The Lambos are the only good thing about that movie

Comment

I went ahead and did it. Bought Sideswipe and Sunstreaker from Kapow. If anyone asks, they cost 20 quid each, right?

Comment

My knockoff Sideswipe was £20, so try claiming that.

Comment

I’m now experiencing some kind of purchasing hangover.

Comment

I'll take 'em off your hands for £20 for the pair.
            Can't let your other half see them.

Comment

You’re always looking out for me, QC. Really appreciate it but I think I need to own up to my actions in this case and so I’ll have no choice to but to open them up and play with them and put on robot voices and so on. I only have myself to blame.

Comment

You know I've got your 6, bro.

I think you need to try the line "These Chinese knock-offs are identical to the real thing, dear? Can I make you a cuppa? Have you done something with your hair?"

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                  Good lord, I remember having the sword and shield... I must have been about 7. I had Castle Grayskull and most of those vehicles, except for the red one and the horse. My mate across the road had the bird plane thing that landed on the Castle, I was well jealous!

I had and loved that! I never really had Castle Grayskull, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

As a girl who was desparate for transformers as a child but never recieved thanks to mum not liking the idea and not being able to afford them, I didn't get anything He-Man related appart from a small doll that resembled She-ra.

However, on my many VHS's taped off the tv growing up, I strongly remember this advert being on one of them and I though this toy looked ACE.

Comment

Cool. I have a list a mile long of toys I want that are either: 1) toys I owned in childhood or 2) toys I wanted as a kid. The He-Man stuff is in the latter category.

Related: almost bought some Crossbows and Catapult sets on eBay recently. Didn’t. But almost did.

Comment

I was watching this video of a combiner TF that has Optimus and Jetfire in the mix.

It looks top heavy though, so it got me wondering, what's the best Devastator figure?
                        Am I right in thinking there are some figures coming out that are combiners but with just three robots?
                        [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], any ideas?

Comment

My masterpiece Sideswipe and Sunstreaker arrived today. The boxes are pretty. Haven't opened them yet. Will probably wait and do that at home.

Comment

After everyone else has gone to bed so they can't watch you with judging eyes or asking "and how much were they?!"

Comment

Thankfully the boxes are pretty small. Small = very affordable.

Comment

Well my first experience with Masterpiece Transformers has been: terrifying. These things look amazing but the transformations are insane, especially Sunstreaker. I was expecting to break pretty much the entire time. Lots of the stages require you to yank or shove pieces quite hard to get them to the right place but what if you’re yanking or shoving the wrong part?! The instructions are in Japanese and I kept wondering if it was pointing to a bit so I’d pull it but the text might read “don’t touch this” for all I know.

Anyway, got them transformed. Sunstreaker is particularly special and shows up Sideswipe a little but they’re both great. I’ll stick up a couple of photos tomorrow but I’m posting from my iPad now. They both look amazing in car form too. However, both have tiny paint chips or defects and the one on Sunstreaker is on the knee and it will haunt me forever. And even if they had no paint defects, I suspect a few transformations would take care of that. Still, even with those they look pretty amazing. So far beyond even my rose-tinted nostalgia memories of the originals.

Comment

Working...
                                X