PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Dear god no lol, Jaguar is trash tier it doesn’t deserve a mini makeover you can add cdi & 3do to the list too. The triad of mediocrity & disappointment. Played on all 3 and there’s not one single game on any of them that I liked.
    SSF2X and Samurai Shodown had good 3DO ports for their time, but yeah no thanks to making mini versions.

The mini console craze has surely got to be approaching saturation point, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      Excellent news.

Would be awesome if SuperGrafx and Arcade Card games were to get love as well, but I'll probably be getting one nevertheless.

Hoping whatever gaps there are can be filled with hacking there’s a lot of engine games I love and I can’t see all of them going on. All the pc genjin & denjin games along with dynastic hero and rainbow islands and galaga 88. That’s just the tip of my list, cool that castlevania is in there that’s the price worth it alone. Just hoping the emulation is competent although engine isn’t hardware intensive to emulate.

Comment

Dear god no lol, Jaguar is trash tier it doesn’t deserve a mini makeover you can add cdi & 3do to the list too. The triad of mediocrity & disappointment. Played on all 3 and there’s not one single game on any of them that I liked.

Blasphemy....

I get it, but as someone living in Japan for so long there is something curious about a Western console from that era - albeit one as flawed as the Jag.

Comment

Hoping whatever gaps there are can be filled with hacking there’s a lot of engine games I love and I can’t see all of them going on.
          Fair point, but there were only five SuperGrafx games ever made (six if you technically want to count Darius Plus) so I'm hoping that they get a look in off of that, much in the same way that the Famicom Classic Mini can emulate Disk System games (not a great comparison, admittedly, but hey!).

Comment

With any luck, M2 will be handling the software. They helped Konami with their recent Collection series.

I'm excited for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Fair point, but there were only five SuperGrafx games ever made (six if you technically want to count Darius Plus) so I'm hoping that they get a look in off of that, much in the same way that the Famicom Classic Mini can emulate Disk System games (not a great comparison, admittedly, but hey!).
              Seven, there was two versions of Darius.

Comment

How mini can it be? Surely it’ll be the same size as the original one?
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  With any luck, M2 will be handling the software. They helped Konami with their recent Collection series.

I'm excited for this.
                  Doubtful. It’ll just be straight ROMs to save cash.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Let's say 30 game in total. What further 24 would you want on there?

But first, were there that many released in Europe?

Comment

Expect bare boned effort making. 1 - It's Konami and 2 - It'll be kept cost low because it appeals to a very small market

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Seven, there was two versions of Darius.
                        Darius Alpha and Darius Plus are essentially the same game, with Alpha being a boss rush.

Really, it's still only five out-and-out SuperGrafx games that were ever made.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-06-2019, 08:21.

Comment

Definitely want a jpn version, you can keep the TG mini thanks. I hope to see splatterhouse on the list.

Comment

Return Fire on 3do. Greatest 2 player sofa game ever made. Doesn’t need a mini though!

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                              how can you you make that console any more mini?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Expect bare boned effort making. 1 - It's Konami and 2 - It'll be kept cost low because it appeals to a very small market
                                As much as I hope they make Nintendo / Sega levels of effort I have a fear you may be right. If it comes to the worst and it’s utter garbage i’ll Gut it and use the shell to install a SNES mini board then hack the menu to give it a pc engine theme.

Hoping not to though, it’s weird having a wish granted I hoped one day we’d see pc engine but I never thought it would happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X