Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea what this is?

Comment

It's from Kotobukiya's Frame Arms series.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        It's from Kotobukiya's Frame Arms series.
        Thank you!
        Love your haul from Japan.
        Pics when you've built the kits, please!

Comment

I've begun build the Real Grade Sinanju with glossy finish bought at the Gundam Front...it's shiny. Very shiny. The gold plastic is a bit brittle though.

Comment

Real Grade Sinanju from the Gundam Front completed. It's a nice kit but suffers from the same problems of many Real Grade kits (parts popping off when you try to pose the model, though not as bad as the RX-78 or the Zaku II) and like many other Mobiel Suit models, whatever scale they are, it's impossible to have it standing without pushing the torso forward due to the weight of the backpack. And just like many Master Grade models, posing it without a support base is almost impossible.

As with all Real Grades the Sinanju keeps intact most of the details found of the Master Grade version, at times adding its own. Posability is about the same, but again, parts tend to fall off rather easily.
            Every single plastic colours has been pimped up. Red parts are more saturared and with a glossy finish. Black and white parts have a pearl finish. All grey parts have a vaguely gunmetal finish. The gold parts shiny. The downside to this is that sprue marks are very evident though a lot (not all) pieces have doube attachment points (where the injection point is attached to the underside rather than the side); the white plastic, especially on the fuel tanks on the back is almost see-through; the gold plastic is rather brittle. But how shiny the whole package is? Well, these are legs fro an (unfinished) Master Grade Sinanju (note the gold parts on the MG have been painted with Testor Gold paint and the black with matte black paint).

Now, what to build next? Hresvelgr Alter...

or Baselard special colour?

Both are from Frame Arms Girl.
            Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 09-05-2018, 18:30.

Comment

Wow that looks great.

Comment

Good work b_k. Tho’ I have to mark you down for not providing a video!

Comment

4-day weekend starting today, so I've starter Hresvelgr. She's pretty easy to assemble, armour on the other hand...

...I've built Master Grades with less plates.
                  This is her without armour (and hands).

Comment

What better way to spend a long weekend than building models? Hresvelgr completed.

The water decals are an absolute pain, it's the first time seeing those taking so long to stick to the model and even today, 10 or more hours setting them, one peeled off her chest while I was assembling her armour.
                    The blue plastic is absolutely fantastic, it changes from blue (standard colour) to yellow (full highlight) to purple (shadow) and shades of green (transitions). The effect is not a simple coating, but it's the plastic as a whole giving it, making sanding a lot easier than, let's say, glossy finishes on Bandai kits.
                    Assembling Hres wasn't particularly hard, but the plate numbering is a bit erratic, and a lot of pieces had mold lines on their centerlines. Joints are faily stiff and can hold most poses.

To get the armour on you need to remove a lot of pieces (chest armour, legs, arms, even hair clips) and her backpack thingie can transform into a hoverbyke (or similar). There are a lot of moving parts and her scythes can be changed in several poses.

Baselard's next

Comment

Double feature!
                      Sazabi SD I've quickly assembled while waiting for some paint to dry.

And the paint belongs to Baselard, still from Frame Arms Girl, only in special Hobby Japan colours (the original is white/light blue). Plastic for the tights was just dark grey like the rifle in the right hand and not some fancy glossy black as it should have been (based on the illustrations), but that's why glossy black paint exists.

Comment

- Let 's have a cute cat [fight]. New sense [cat] Hobby appears.

- Neko prototype x collaboration of a cat lover modeler!
                        - Dress [Jacket] on [Neko] figure and let 's have it equipped with parts [furusu] and enjoy it.
                        - [Cat] is about 5 cm in length. Depending on the prototype of Mr. Osamu Moriguchi who is active as a cat modeling artist, his expression, fur coat, paw paw, and other details are modeled.
                        - [fuso] is a design by Mr. Fukuda Kazuya of the free modeler, pursuing precise mechanical shaping and a unique combination form.
                        - [Rebuilt] can also be recombined into a mini-meka state alone! Combinations are free with jackets and 3 mm joints mounted on each bowl.

- There are four kinds of <Parallel plot> A, B, C, D.
                        · A is Egyptian sitting cat [gray] and launcher mecha set.
                        · B is an Egyptian sitting cat [shiloh] and a heli-meka set.
                        · C is a barbecue sitting cat [tea tiger] and a tank mecha set.
                        · D is a barbecue sitting cat [kuro] and a jet mecha set.

- Product Description (4 types in total)
                        · Painted Nek Figure × 1
                        · Jacket × 1
                        · Refuse × 1 formula

( This is a machine translation. Please allow for possible misinterpretations in the text. )

Comment

There's a rabbit hole of cats in mech suits to fall down in you're so inclined...

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]

Comment

Is Transformers toy collection a world record in disguise?

Comment

I've completed Jinrai, the last Frame Arms Girl kit I have. She's invisible like a real shinobi is!

OK, here's the real model. Not as fancy as the others, but I quite like how poseable she is. Nice amount of weapons too, and three different hairstyles available.

Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 19-05-2018, 13:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X