Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    I can't believe how much MGS5 ruined a lot of my hype in Kojima
    MGS was incredible and in my top 10 games of all time, it was one of those games that I used to love watching people play, just so I could take it all in. It's one of those games I love to play each year to the finish it's just so good

The start of MGS II was sensational on so many levels and made the DC look like an 8-bit system. Then you get to the 2nd part of MGS 2 and incomes vampires and all that crap, it just seemed to get more and more silly with each new game

MGS IV turned me off the series and Kojima for life

Comment

It's a proper roller coaster series. MGS1 love it in both original and Twin Snakes flavours, MGS2 definitely takes a dive after the intro and is middling for the most part, MGS3 is just glorious and MGS4 was kind of awkward. There's stuff I like but it's so heavily buried in over indulgence etc. The 'present day' i.e futuristic aesthetic of MGS2/4 was always a mistake too, always signalled the series low points. MGS5 though... and that's the trouble with Kojima. He's certainly capable of making interesting projects but once he's not making a core MGS (and doing so with interest in the project unlike MGS5) then he's great but otherwise they're more like quirky fumbles. I think there's only ZOE2 I really took too out of all his other stuff so I shouldn't be surprised Death Stranding isn't connecting with me.

Comment

I would make the case that MGS3 is far from glorious in its original form. I know it was fixed in later releases but the gameplay of the original two is so tight and clear and yet I found MGS3's original gameplay loose and often unfair by comparison because you couldn't see well enough to spot someone who could catch you and the radar equivalent was nowhere near as useful. So only having played the original form, I personally think that MGS3 took a massive dive in gameplay, even though the characters and story were superb... although crossing an edge into too self-indulgent when it comes to cut scene length that would then be taken to ridiculous degrees in MGS4.

Gameplay-wise, I don't think any that I've played matches the first.

Comment

That's true, the reworked camera etc in Subsistence makes that version much better than the Snake Eater incarnation of the game. That being said I still loved it. So many great touches constantly dripped through the game and it expanded the experience really well whereas MGS1 has grown to feel quite small and simple by comparison. MGS3 also gets a lot of flak for its health system but that always felt overblown, took little time in the overall game.

Comment

MGS3 was the peak of the series for me. Loved every moment, but especially the battle with The End ... that was one of the best gaming moments ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              especially the battle with The End
              Other fun activities include waiting in line at a theme park and waiting for a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Other fun activities include waiting in line at a theme park and waiting for a bus.
                Second playthrough I just sniped him in his wheelchair before the fight so I could avoid doing it again.

Comment

Comment

5% off Death Stranding @ ShopTo. Enter Code: STR-D5Q5538J7M

No idea if it is multi use, they sent me this code slip with my DS order lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Wow, who ever thought they could top Shenmue's crate lifting for a living. What a fantastic age we live in

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Yes a lot of us seem to be reviewing reviews.
                        I give this a generous 4K, GOATY, 11ty-stupid / 10

Comment

It's pretty funny that #DeathStrading is trending.

Not Death Stranding, Strading.

Comment

I think it’s funny... and yet I have no firmer sense of what Death Stranding means. Death Straddling, now that I could take a guess at.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I like the accuracy that as usual Yodel's didn't turn up

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                It's pretty funny that #DeathStrading is trending.

Not Death Stranding, Strading.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Deat...rc=trend_click
                                Because everyone is trading it in already?

Comment

Working...
                                X