No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformers, cup noodles in disguise. Cup noodle, more than meets the eye.

Another one for my collection, been after the 40th anniversairy one for aaaaaaaages. Finally got one tracked down, he sits next to my other one safely protected until i need to time a cup noodle for 3 minutes then he is brought into action.

And for those people that don't know what on earth it is, behold the awesomeness of having a mini robot time your noodles.

Comment

I’d be impressed if Pot Noodles could transform into something that’s actually fit for human consumption...

Comment

I never realised I needed a cup noodle robot in my life until now

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
          I’d be impressed if Pot Noodles could transform into something that’s actually fit for human consumption...
          CupNoodle is waaaaaaay nicer than Pot Noodle.

I really miss the curry ones. You just can't get them in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            CupNoodle is waaaaaaay nicer than Pot Noodle.

I really miss the curry ones. You just can't get them in the UK.
            Asura speaks the thruth you really can't compare Japanese cup noodles to the vile pot noodle they are literally nothing alike apart from they both come in a pot. It's not the first time i have bulk bought noodles in large amounts from Amazon Japan. I could easily live off Japanese instant noodles and never tire of them there are so many kinds i'd never get bored.

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
            I never realised I needed a cup noodle robot in my life until now
            I can't even remember how if found about them but when i first saw one working i fell in love with it, the fact that Nissin went ahead and had these made makes me really happy. Think each one had about 10,000 made and you won them by a lottery system where you put an entry in by attaching proof of purchase. So far there are 5 different models of the robo timer, i have the 2 fancier versions the other 3 are all part of the same set but they each have a personality all of their own the curry one even has a moustache lol. Lemme see if i can find a pic of the others.

There is one other robot Nissin did for their chicken ramen range, they turned their mascot into a robo timer. I really want that one too but like with most robo timers they have 3 figure price tags.

Adorable
            Last edited by importaku; 21-07-2018, 11:13.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] do you have some curry cup noodles then? I'd pay over the odds for a few of them.

Comment

SDCC as expected saw some new statues revealed:

Kotobukiya Dark Supergirl Bishoujo:
                Thoughts? Yuck

Kotobukiya Pinhead Bishoujo:
                Thoughts? Much yuckier

Kotobukiya My Little Pony Bishoujo:
                Thoughts? Massively overstretching the line now

Kotobukiya Michael Myers Bishoujo:
                Thoughts? Weak effort

Kotobukiya GI Joe Scarlett:

Kotobukiya GI Joe Baroness Bishoujo:

DC Big Barda Bombshell:

NECA Crash Bandicoot with Jet Pack:

Comment

Must admit I’m not feeling most of those figures either, I am quite liking the Alpha Bishoujo Cammy though

Also got this R-Type model kit. I found a guy on YouTube who made a series building and lighting up the kit with LEDs; I’d like to do something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    SDCC as expected saw some new statues revealed:

Kotobukiya Dark Supergirl Bishoujo:
                    Thoughts? Yuck

Kotobukiya Pinhead Bishoujo:
                    Thoughts? Much yuckier

Kotobukiya My Little Pony Bishoujo:
                    Thoughts? Massively overstretching the line now

Kotobukiya Michael Myers Bishoujo:
                    Thoughts? Weak effort

Kotobukiya GI Joe Scarlett:

Kotobukiya GI Joe Baroness Bishoujo:

DC Big Barda Bombshell:

NECA Crash Bandicoot with Jet Pack:

So from all of SDCC you picked these lol
                    Never been the biggest fan of Bishoujo pieces but quite like the GI Joe ones
                    Definitely getting the DC Bombshell Big Barda though to go with the rest of the pieces I have, think she looks great.

This weekend just gone was the London Film & Comic Con at Olympia & I went on the Sunday.

First port of call was dropping some blank comics off for commission covers & then the mooch to buy stuffs which began with me adding to my brothers Dragonball Z SH Figuarts collection

I then spent some time looking for something for myself & while there was a lot of stuff I would have got I stumbled across something of a holy grail piece for me...something I have been after forever & had all but given up hope of ever finding at a price I could justify (and afford) just sitting on a stall at LFCC

So I of course snapped it up & I am SO pleased that I did.

Soooo ladies & gentlemen drum roll please as I present to you Bowen Statues - BETA RAY BILL

There is a paint blemish on the neck line but it still can't detract from my jot of owning this piece
                    He has been on my wish list for the longest time & owning him is a dream.

I always wondered what it was like when you guys scored that elusive console or game for the first time & the feeling you had the first time you played it (or powered it on) now I know & it is honestly a great feeling.

So sorry for blathering on but I am honestly so excited by this pick up that I just had to tell EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Neil

Comment

Also got this R-Type model kit. I found a guy on YouTube who made a series building and lighting up the kit with LEDs; I’d like to do something similar.

Oh Sweet Jesus I love that R-Type kit!

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], I'm really chuffed for you, that is ace!

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] I’d never even heard of this guy before... he seems like quite an obscure character, cool model though.

I can’t wait to get on with the R-9A kit but I really want to plan it out with the lighting and do it properly. It might be a little while until I get to it, got a couple of Gunpla I want to do first.

And I've just discovered there’s a cracking looking kit of the mobile suit from Valken/Cybernator, absolutely love that game. Although I’m yet to play through the uncut, translated Japanese version.

Can anyone recommend a good Patlabor AV-98 Ingram kit? If it’s big and lights up then that’s always a bonus.... Or even an AV-X0, that’d be cool as it’s an awesome mecha design.

Comment

And I've just discovered there’s a cracking looking kit of the mobile suit from Valken/Cybernator, absolutely love that game. Although I’m yet to play through the uncut, translated Japanese version.

Can anyone recommend a good Patlabor AV-98 Ingram kit? If it’s big and lights up then that’s always a bonus.... Or even an AV-X0, that’d be cool as it’s an awesome mecha design.
                            I have the Valken kit, it's by Plum and it's ace. They also did the Leynos and stuff from other games as well, like the Silpheed.

There's a very small selection of Patlabor Master Grade kits by Bandai (Ingram 1 & 2, Griffon with wings, and aqua booster).

Comment

I'd like a Vic Viper, but they seem pretty expensive.

This Marvel’s Spider-Man Figure from the PS4 Game Looks Amazing

Today Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles opened pre-orders for a rather amazing Spider-Man figure from the upcoming PS4 game Marvel’s Spider-Man by Insomniac Games.

The figure wears the game’s Advanced Suit (the one with the white spider). It’s crafted in 1:6 scale and it’s 11.81 inches tall. It will cost a respectable $251, and it will ship quite a long time after the game, between September and November 2019.

One of the most interesting features is the absolutely bonkers number of accessories, which puts some of the most complex figmas to shame. Here’s a list.

The Spider-Man (Advanced Suit) Sixth Scale Collectible Figure specially features:

An authentic and detailed likeness of Spider-Man in Marvel’s Spider-Man game
                              A newly developed masked head sculpt with three (3) pairs of interchangeable eye pieces that can create numerous combinations of Spider-Man’s expressions
                              Approximately 30 cm tall
                              Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
                              Twelve (12) pieces of interchangeable hands with cobweb pattern including:
                              – One (1) pair of fists
                              – One (1) pair of open hands
                              – One (1) pair of web-shooting hands
                              – Three (3) pieces of gesture hands
                              – One (1) left hand for cobweb swinging
                              – One (1) left hand for holding web bomb
                              – One (1) right hand for holding accessories

Costume:
                              One (1) newly developed red, white and blue colored Spider-Man suit embossed with navy blue trims, cobweb patterns and white spider emblem on chest

Accessory:
                              Three (3) pairs of different expression shooters
                              Five (5) strings of spider web in different shapes and lengths, attachable to the web-shooters
                              One (1) open spider web effect
                              One (1) Spider-Drone
                              One (1) Spidey Plush
                              Two (2) trip mines
                              Two (2) web bombs
                              Two (2) Spidey signals
                              One (1) Vulture jammer
                              One (1) smart phone
                              One (1) spider sense
                              One (1) piece of web sticker

A specially designed Spider-Man dynamic figure stand with game logo, character nameplate and a character backdrop
                              We also get an official description for the product:
                              “After eight years behind the mask, an experienced Peter Parker who’s more masterful at fighting big crime in New York City, is struggling to balance his chaotic personal life and career while the fate of millions of New Yorkers rest upon his shoulders.

Sideshow and Hot Toys are proud to present the Spider-Man (Advanced Suit) Sixth Scale Collectible Figure from the action-filled game Marvel’s Spider-Man.

Impressively crafted based on Spider-Man’s appearance in the video game, the collectible figure features a newly develop masked head sculpt with three pairs of interchangeable eye pieces that can create numerous combinations of Spider-Man’s expressions. The figure also features a newly developed body, a highly detailed and meticulously tailored Spider-Man suit with a white spider emblem on chest, multiple interchangeable hands for different gestures, a vast array of accessories including a Spider-Drone, a trip mine, web bombs, Spidey plushy, Vulture Jammer, various expression shooters with several spider web accessories, as well as a specially designed dynamic figure stand and a backdrop of city view.

This isn’t the Spider-Man you’ve ever seen before. Our friendly neighborhood Spidey inspired by the videogame will surely be a figure that fans will want to add to their collection!

Comment

The Silpheed kits are nice but I’m really liking the Leynos ones. Although I do have more of an attachment to Valken; I always thought Leynos was much slower paced and more difficult.

I’ve found the Patlabor 1/35 MG kits which look great. There’s also one from WXIII with LEDs in the shoulder lights

And that Spider-Man is pretty damn awesome...
                                Last edited by _SD_; 31-07-2018, 07:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X