Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond Skyline

Random factor, like a tractor.

There's a sequel in the works to 2010's sci-fi thriller, Skyline.

Frank Grillo (Captain America:The Winter Soldier, The Purge 2: Anarchy) is going to feature alongside The Raid stars/action choreographers Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian!

The sequel is supposed to take place at the same time as the original.

Am I right in thinking the first film was directed by a couple of SFX guys who were paid to do the effects on Battleship, then went and made Skyline that featured 2% special effects and 98% people sat around one of the director's apartment?

Yup, pretty much. It was so close to an entirely forgettable film and an odd one to give a belated sequel to

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Am I right in thinking the first film was directed by a couple of SFX guys who were paid to do the effects on Battleship, then went and made Skyline that featured 2% special effects and 98% people sat around one of the director's apartment?
      Very nearly, there was legal action by Sony Pictures for visual work on Battle: Los Angeles, which came out shortly afterwards (source). I remember reading about it at the time.

Quite enjoyed Skyline even if it had faults all over the place, so will look out for it's sequel at some point.

Comment

Call me a masochist but I don't mind Skyline, I thought the possession was quite decent and the ending sequence amusing.

Comment

I liked Skyline. Nice and simple.

Comment

Working...
          X