Is this a good Sky deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good Sky deal?

Sorry to create a new thread if theres already a relavent one but couldnt find anything in a search without resurrecting an old thread.

Just had Sky call me up. I have their "upto 17meg" broadband in my loft which I pay nothing for till Jan and no other services. Basically they wanted to know if I would be interested in a free Sky TV HD install inc dish and Sky+ box offering family pack and including sports channels for 12 months for 75% off. The lady on the phone worked that out to ?19.50 a month which ends up costing ?234 for the year and you can keep the box/bugger off else where if you want.

Is that a good/standard/rubbish deal? Thanks in advance.

That's what I did and then cancelled after a year (lost Tivo features on the box, but it still works). Think mine was a bit cheaper but no sports channels. Then I realised I didn't watch TV and have turned it on about 6 times this year. I use Netflix (monthly payment )and XboxVideo (rentals) instead. So if you actually want TV then go for it!

P.S. After the install, I unplugged the phone line from it - I got a phone extension cable and used that during the install.

Comment

No sky deal is a good deal imo. Not sure how they can justify the silly amount of add breaks either with the amount they charge per month.

Another vote for netflix, balls to sky.

Comment

I do hate Murdoch and Co but also love football esp champions league, plus would help get more family round to watch matches.

One thing that is annoying me is that I think BT sport will have all the champions league from next season so technically we'll have to switch again to get the footy.

F this, I may just pirate stream it all via a XBMC based STB

Comment

Champions League is on ITV Tuesday and Sky 1 on wed until it moves to BT Sport next season.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
            Sorry to create a new thread if theres already a relavent one but couldnt find anything in a search without resurrecting an old thread.

Just had Sky call me up. I have their "upto 17meg" broadband in my loft which I pay nothing for till Jan and no other services. Basically they wanted to know if I would be interested in a free Sky TV HD install inc dish and Sky+ box offering family pack and including sports channels for 12 months for 75% off. The lady on the phone worked that out to ?19.50 a month which ends up costing ?234 for the year and you can keep the box/bugger off else where if you want.

Is that a good/standard/rubbish deal? Thanks in advance.
            75% off / 12 months is the maximum discount they offer ever, you do have to pay extra for hd though if you decided to go for it, it got it for that and it's just about worth it for 25% of the cost no way in hell I would pay the full whack though (it's like ?72 a month for everything + hd) also if you do Do Not activate Sky Sports 5 it will always ask but iirc it gives you free broadband for two years but then takes your other discount off you which in a 75% off deal would be quite costly indeed
            Last edited by ETC; 18-11-2014, 13:17.

Comment

I recently cancelled so agree with FBH.
              BT Sport app + a Chromecast

Comment

Doing exactly the same as above, i ve got a year SKY deal with entertainment + free broadband. Also have BT sport........when the sky deal runs out I shall cancel and just use the app on Chromecast.

To be honest apart from the odd concert on Sky Arts I dont really watch anything. All I want is HD Champions League.

Comment

I wonder how or what sky will do once champions league goes to BT.

I need to look at options currently paying out way too much got sky sports with hd with sky fibre pro half price for a year though with being an ex Be customer.

Also paying for bt sport.

Might look at getting infinity and bt vision if they have a good selection of channels doubt they have sky one, Atlantic though.

Comment

Getting free BT Sport with the Virgin XL package is a big plus for me, is an essential channel now with Moto GP and UFC and other bits coming on board in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X