Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okami

Hey all,

So I fancied re-playing Okami, but there's so many versions now, which one is the best to play??

Motion controls are a no-go so that cuts the Wii version out. PS2 and PS3 versions left, is the PS3 missing anything?? (like the Wii one is missing some effects I think...?)

Thanks for the advice ladies and gents!

Just get the PS3 it's in HD making the entire game shine like never before. It's digital only in the west but the asian version is on disk and has english built in, that's the version i picked up.

The wii version was chopped about in the west it's missing the proper ending however the Japanese version put it back in.

Comment

Cool, thanks man!

Comment

Importaku, do I need the Asian version or does the Japanese version have English text?

On Play Asia the customer reviews imply that the Japanese version is in English but I want to confirm.

Thanks!

Comment

That reviewer probably has gotten mixed up as i have never heard of the Japanese version of having anything in besides Japanese. On play asia they don't mention anything about english on the Japanese version however if you look at the asian one on there they clearly mention english.

Just get the asian one as i can 100% confirm that has english text in as that's the version i bought from them.

Comment

If this is correct, the japanese PSN version supports japanese, english, german and french. The language the game is displayed in should be the same the system is set to.

If someone who owns the disk release of the japanese version could test this, I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

Cheers, will grab the Asian one.

Comment

And according to this blog post, the disk release of the asian version supports french. Perhaps all PS3 versions support the same languages the PS2 version was localized to.

Comment

Just got my disk out and tried it for you Deuteros, i went and changed my system language to french and you are indeed correct the games text turned to french as well, seems that the Asian version supports not only Japanese/English but also French.

Comment

Thanks, importaku! My guess is that all versions, physical and digital, support all languages the game was originally localized to. It's a pity that the original disk releases are so hard to find and expensive (new, at least). Getting one of the 'The Best' re-releases kind of would defeat the point of owning a digital release in physical form.

Comment

I grabbed Okami HD a couple of weeks ago for ?4.99 in the PSN sale. Almost went with the Wii version but opted for HD visuals over motion controls. I haven't played the original so am looking forward to finding out why it's revered and considerd by many a cult classic.

Comment

The PS3-version has motion controls, no? Move-compatible IIRC.

Comment

Ahh, okay, I didn't realise that. Do the motion controls improve the experience, is it worth picking up a Move thingy especially?

Comment

Did a quick Google-search and there seem to be mixed opinions, some say "while the classic controls are fine, the Move controls feel like they are how the game was meant to be played, making it even more magical than before." Others say "drawing with the brush is better with the move, but navigating the land and fighting battles is way better with the ds3."

Comment

Appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X