No announcement yet.

Dragon Age Inquisition Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least you get to see some tittays with Cassandra!!

Can't argue with any of that though, yes there are issues as described, but didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying it.
    The party AI did do wonky things, but nothing too bad, and being able to control their actions made it a smaller issue for me. They never really got me into trouble on Noghtmare for instance, even if they did use the wrong spell at the wrong time occasionally.

I still enjoyed it enough to not sell it and to get the inevitable single player DLC when it arrives!

Comment

All I got was a cozy cuddle in front of the fireplace! I was hoping because she was so uptight and prim in normal life that she'd go bonkers in the sack, but no chance!

Agree, I enjoyed the game too. It must've been doing something right to keep me playing for 70 hours. And there are a couple of interesting looking post-game quests I plan to mop up later.

Comment

I've now put around 55 hours in to DA:I and for the most part it's been an enjoyable experience. The story and deeply woven fabric of the character's history is fantastic - those dialogue trees tall and wide; it's worth playing the game for that aspect alone I think.

I didn't like the combat - it's chaotic and doesn't feel very engaging (apart from perhaps the dragon fights), even with that paused time system. In real time it's not that responsive and controlling other characters is a pain. It does get better as you level but definitely at the start it's a chore, as is the initially few hours overall. So grindy at the beginning before things start to open up, that it's enough to make people walk away before things get really good.

It really does look very nice on PS4 - the lighting and shadows (no blocky black stuff - yay) in particular give things much more depth to the look of the game; it has a very cinematic quality to it.

Persevere with it and reap the rewards - like good wine it improves with age.
        Last edited by MartyG; 16-02-2015, 10:51.

Comment

i have put about 72 hours into it though granted a lot of that was doing optional stuff collected all the shards ( the reward is nowhere near as good as i would have liked though).

Gameworld reminded me a bit of world of warcraft like with collecting stuff such as iron herbs the scale is not as big but there is a lot more in the world and far more characterization

Roaming the world can be a little bit of a pain sometimes you can go up areas which looks like you should not and other times going up over rocks is a issue ( i would often have to cheat in that when i was trying to jump on a rock and unable to a ai team member would be up there so i would just change character then the rest would follow).

Combat i thought was ok but nothing great

the story voice acting and characters i thought were great and with doing the missions felt like you were in a big war.

There is no hard level cap my character is at level 22 i do not have many more quests to do so i would imagine can probably get to level 25-28 as a guess (enemies lower then 3 levels stop giving exp)

Collecting items though does not feel as satisfying as i would like found creating stuff actually gave me better weapons then i could find.

In the end i got my moneys worth and i really hope some big expanstion packs are in the works

Comment

The full game is free to play for six hours this week on Xbox One

Comment

6 hours on this slow burner will likely just turn people off.. we know it's a sales flop for budget spent so this move makes it look even more desperate.

Comment

I see the Jaws of Hakkon DLC is on special for the next two weeks. Decided at that price it was worth a download.

Comment

Working...
                X