Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New speccy - its not April fools day is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found a few gems on the Vega. One is a vertical shooter called Canyon something (I can't check just now) and what appears to be the prototype for Pang! made by Hudsonsoft. I'll need to get a screen of it but it has the same balloon formations and even the rope is the same as the later Capcom game.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
      Whatever happened to the kickstarted scandalous bluetooth keyboard project?
      This is not the Vega: http://www.ebuyer.com/708786-recreat...b-zxspectrumbt
      Last edited by MartyG; 12-09-2015, 11:08.

Comment

Vega+ Handheld now on Indiegogo

Looks fantastic in the image, but screen, d-pad etc who knows.

Links
        A little over a year ago Retro Computers pitched a new version of the classic ZX Spectrum on Indiegogo. The console and controller hybrid allowed anyone to play 1,000 games such as Knight Lore and Underwurlde on their TV. Now, the startup has returned with the Vega+, a portable successor that trades the Spectrum's classic looks for a sleeker and more modern package. It still comes with an extensive library, only this time you have the option of playing it on the go using the built-in display.

Sir Clive Sinclair and Retro Computers Ltd announce the launch of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega+ | Check out 'The Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega Plus Console' on Indiegogo.

Comment

That looks pretty. I know I'd use it for all of about ten minutes but I still want one.

Comment

Spectrum games need keyboards. How can that even work? They just ignore the games with anything other than QAOPM style controls?

Comment

I have a discount code for the Vega+ as I backed the original Vega. So tempted but I know it wouldn't get used enough.

Comment

Ah well two hours sleep leads to sensible purchasing decisions apparently!

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

About as **** and naff as a real Spectrum then.

Comment

I had given up on ever receiving a Vega+ but I suppose that’s better than nothing. After this debacle I will be much more skeptical about backing crowdfunded hardware. Roll on my ZX Spectrum Next...

Comment

It's laughably bad how terrible the finished machine is. The paper rainbow logo under the screen protector is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe some clever people will be able to fix the D-pad and update the firmware to make things more stable. But maybe it's just too bad overall for anyone to make it worth using.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-08-2018, 09:20.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          I had given up on ever receiving a Vega+ but I suppose that’s better than nothing. After this debacle I will be much more skeptical about backing crowdfunded hardware. Roll on my ZX Spectrum Next...
                          I’m looking forward to the Next but waiting for the final version with the proper case and keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            I’m looking forward to the Next but waiting for the final version with the proper case and keyboard.
                            Its not far away now and it certainly seems like the software is really shaping up now. I’m looking forward to it and seeing what kind of things developers will do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I’m looking forward to it and seeing what kind of things developers will do with it.
                              I remember making a thread about a hypothetical 'Turbo SNES' which would still be 16-bit but with a bit of a boost in performance. The Spectrum Next is similar to that idea: a Spectrum with more features and a bit more performance, but still very much retro.

My point was all about limiting the performance, so that developers would still create SNES games that look and sound very much 16-bit. It would be all about creating true retro games, rather than modern retro-inspired games with fancy modern effects in HD. That's essentially the same idea behind the Next.

I also look forward to seeing what clever people will do with the Next. We've already got a healthy homebrew Spectrum scene, with stunning games like a Spectrum version of Castlevania. So I think we will see lots of really interesting games for the Next. Some of them could be real gems for retro fans.
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-08-2018, 09:31.

Comment

Working...
                              X