Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Arcade Edition I think contains everything up to the close of Season 2's Pass. You'd need to spend another £30-£40 I think for the other two Seasons then any excess bits they're put out that aren't included.

Really, SFV won't be truly worth it till the inevitable Super Street Fighter V Turbo X: Hyper Championship Tournament Edition Upper Gold on PS5
    Even then the game has fundamental development decisions that make it difficult to progress onto if you have any prior Street Fighter experience. The input lag feels ridiculous even compared to SFIV.

Comment

Arcade Edition is £20 in the PSN Sale so I decided to just go for it.

I had to choose between this and Anniversary. This won because a) I can use my TE stick without nodding and b) I have RetroArch which I can also use the TE stick on without modding!

It’s finished downloading but it’s 1:17am and I’d rather sleep.

Looking forward to it as I’ve never played it.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        Arcade Edition is £20 in the PSN Sale so I decided to just go for it.

I had to choose between this and Anniversary. This won because a) I can use my TE stick without nodding and b) I have RetroArch which I can also use the TE stick on without modding!

It’s finished downloading but it’s 1:17am and I’d rather sleep.

Looking forward to it as I’ve never played it.
        If you want any games online sometime you can always drop me a message (my PSN ID is Realhoneyman).

Did you get the regular or Deluxe version of SFV: AE? If its the latter that's a good deal for the existing roster plus all of the season 3 characters added in.

Comment

I went for the regular AE and figured season 3 will be on sale at some point.

I had a few hours with it this morning and it’s fun so far. I’ve been doing the arcade mode and a few trials. I really like the menu music!

I haven’t got PS+ and have no plans to do so yet so I’ll be offline only, but cheers for the invite!

Comment

I went for the regular AE and figured season 3 will be on sale at some point.

I haven’t got PS+ and have no plans to do so yet so I’ll be offline only, but cheers for the invite!
            I think the Season 3 character pass has been on sale a couple of times this year. Its a safe bet to say it will be in a future sale later this year too.

Can you still login to the server? I'm thinking it might be difficult for you to earn FM via the missions/soldier challenges unless it can verify your completion of them against the game's server.

In any case, the game is feeling more whole with every character that gets added (Cody is my favourite of season 3 so far. I'm quite hopeful that G and Sagat are pretty great additions to the game too).

Comment

It lets me log on to the server - how else would they peddle their costumes, etc

But yes, it logs my FM online(I have a whopping 750FM at the moment!)

Comment

I keep seeing this thread bumped and hoping I'll open it to see "Street Fighter V: Championship Edition" announced as a low-price complete pack of everything so far.

Comment

It lets me log on to the server - how else would they peddle their costumes, etc

But yes, it logs my FM online(I have a whopping 750FM at the moment!)
                  Its certainly a start. Get the character stories played through and that will be a dead easy way to accrue FM. You can also do the existing challenges for this week which will net you 3,500 FM or thereabouts.

I appreciate it gets more difficult to obtain FM the more you level characters up (due to it taking longer to level up with each level gained) but you should be able to get enough FM easily to unlock the Season 3 characters released so far (my recommendation is to unlock Cody, Falke, Sakura and Blanka in that order). Cody really clicked for me but you may find your own favourite/s among the bunch.

Comment

If you bought the game at launch digitally, is Arcade Edition a free upgrade or paid dlc?

Comment

It's a free upgrade.

SFV AE is basically a bundle: the original game with the AE update, plus season passes 1 & 2 included (which cost £3.99 and £8.99 individually).

In fact, having bought the digital version of SFV AE, the original SFV, seasons 1 and 2 show up as purchased for me now. I believe the disc version comes with download codes for the season passes.

Comment

I bought the original Street Fighter V, the AE update was free, but you only get season 1 not season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
                          I bought the original Street Fighter V, the AE update was free, but you only get season 1 not season 2.
                          Can someone explain to me all of this?

So SFV, the base game, is £8.99 on PS4 right now. What does that include and not include? And is there a reason to not buy it, like do the more expensive bundles include much more, i.e. they're much better value for money?

Comment

The Wiki lists the characters by season(gameplay section)

Here’s a good clarification post for AE specifically(and what to do if you buy the original)

For Street Fighter V on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "CLARIFICATION: SFV Arcade Edition. Past Owners and New Owners Guide".

Apparently AE includes some premium costumes that you’d have to buy separately if you bought vanilla SFV and the two seasons.

I took the plunge with AE instead of vanilla because I wanted more than the initial character list but looking at it, I’d be quite happy with vanilla I think.

Comment

The Wiki lists the characters by season(gameplay section)
                              Ah OK, so the version that is £8.99 on the store contains just the "base roster"?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Ah OK, so the version that is £8.99 on the store contains just the "base roster"?
                                You'd be updating forever too. I really wouldn't buy the vanilla version.

Comment

Working...
                                X