No announcement yet.

God of War 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOW 3 on PS3 blew my mind at the time. Went back to the HD collection and it just wasn't there graphically. Not something I usually dwell on but 3 was such a visual treat that it was an important factor. I still have them and may replay them at some point to see if I can get stuck in because I really would like to.

Comment

I’d like to see a full on BluepOint remake of 1 to be honest. It’s by far the most evocative game in the series by a long shot. Mystery and mysticism around every corner.

Comment

Of the main games:

-God of War 2
        -God of War 1
        -God of War 3
        -God of War Ascension

The PSP entries are brilliant though as well. 3 looked visually amazing for the time it came out but that was mostly it. As a game it felt a little bit of a let down because for some unfathomable reason the devs had got it into their heads to pointless wrap the series up as a trilogy so they tried to burn through the Gods as spectacles and it reduced the sense of epicness they had as they fell in double quick time. Without that Ares style build up the game descended into a fairly ho-hum adventure. Ascension struggled hard because of that decision and felt much more bland and aimless. GOW2 though, peak fire there.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Of the main games:

-God of War 2
          -God of War 1
          -God of War 3
          -God of War Ascension

The PSP entries are brilliant though as well. 3 looked visually amazing for the time it came out but that was mostly it. As a game it felt a little bit of a let down because for some unfathomable reason the devs had got it into their heads to pointless wrap the series up as a trilogy so they tried to burn through the Gods as spectacles and it reduced the sense of epicness they had as they fell in double quick time. Without that Ares style build up the game descended into a fairly ho-hum adventure. Ascension struggled hard because of that decision and felt much more bland and aimless. GOW2 though, peak fire there.
          I agree with any list that puts 2 at the top. Contemporarily it was just fantastic.

Comment

Oh God, I want this so bad!!

Eurogamer preview.

Comment

This is reviewing very well.

I've just pre-ordered from Smyths for £40.99 ... seemed like a pretty good price.

Comment

For what i've seen in the gameplay videogames and some of leaked streams over last few days, there is no way on a gameplay front this game should be getting 10/10's im seeing, it stinks of another average sony 3rd person game getting passes for average/dull combat kill boxes, punctuated by walkin'n'talking and climbing puzzles. i.e. it's the last of us all over again.

Comment

[MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] Watching a stream of something isn't the same as playing it, experiencing it, feeling it.

Looking at some of the reviews the gameplay is praised for its complexity of combat and the characters & story are praised for being more grown up than the past God of War games.

Also, "another average Sony 3rd person game" added to the list of Uncharted, The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Ratchet & Clank et al?! Golly, however will we cope!!?

Comment

Talking some rubbish there, watching the game being played gives me most of what i need to know about a game, if it interests me i'll follow it up listening to podcast of reviewers i trust talking in depth. From what i've see of GoW's punch, shield and axe gameplay, it does not look complex.

My opinion on sony's 3rd person games they've always gotten a pass on jankey and repetitive gameplay by appealing to people looking to play film rather than watch one.

I wouldn't put Ico/SotC in the same gameplay wheel house as the above.

Comment

Was never a fan of any of them, but this looks nice; hoping for a technical showcase as I’ve been abit disgruntled with all the Xbox one x 4k overload recently and the pro getting too many 1080p ‘pro enhanced games’.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        Talking some rubbish there
                        I remember when this forum used to be such a friendly place.

Each to their own. There have been games I've watched being played and thought "meh" but then played myself and thought "wow" so, well, not rubbish, but my personal experience, my opinion. If watching someone play it is enough for you that's great.

Your opinion is you don't like them. Mine is that I do.

Comment

It's like monster hunter world watching vs playing is such a different experience, the thrill of the hunt and the brutality of combat really up the experience. If you watch someone play you don't get that feeling of the visceral combat or besting this giant beast, watching vs participation with most games is no contest.

Comment

Can't wait for this. Loved all the main series and this looks like its going to be like the 1st game and a true epic in every sense of the word

Comment

Never really been into the God of War series. Tried the third one on the PS3 many years ago, but if I'm honest, as per so many of these games never got around to giving it the time of day. However it's very hard to ignore these stellar reviews. I've just watched SkillUp's review on Youtube where he barely shows the game because he keeps saying you should go in blind. That said he's called it the game of the generation and compared it to previous epoch games like Mario 64 etc.

That said I'm kind of curious to see more of it, just to work out what sort of game it is. He said it's like the best of The Last of Us, Uncharted and Horizon:Zero Dawn but executed flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                Looking at some of the reviews the gameplay is praised for its complexity of combat and the characters & story are praised for being more grown up than the past God of War games.
                                Unfortunately that's an immediate "nope" from me. I thought God of War's daft juvenile premise was among its best qualities.

Comment

Working...
                                X