X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm...
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yawn. This looks boring as hell. Dante's Inferno. I did like that though.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        I remember when this forum used to be such a friendly place.

Each to their own. There have been games I've watched being played and thought "meh" but then played myself and thought "wow" so, well, not rubbish, but my personal experience, my opinion. If watching someone play it is enough for you that's great.

Your opinion is you don't like them. Mine is that I do.
        Remember when people used to actually play games instead of watching d**k heads on twitch? Bordersdown remembers.

Comment

Re: Twitch - it isn't all bad. In that I found a Twitch channel playing Warframe and actually hung on out on stream grinding some missions and then joining a clan that was formed. Haven't watched as much lately but it's an example of how a community can form around a game or streamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Unfortunately that's an immediate "nope" from me. I thought God of War's daft juvenile premise was among its best qualities.
            BOOOBIES!!!!

Comment

I know a friend of mine isn’t buying it, regardless of the reviews, because he feels it isn’t the god of war he is used to playing and doesn’t want to “ferry a child about with him” I liken this to the same people who avoided DmC because it wasn’t Devil May Cry.
              To be honest when I get paid I’m buying the **** out of it, I’ve always enjoyed God of War and Kratos being a kick ass angry old bastard.

Comment

I'm happy to give this a chance, the old GOW formula was tapped out during the PS3 games so the change isn't a concern. If anything it's any references to it be GOAT material with references to TLOU etc being made that would concern me considering the huge over praise it and UC4 received. I hope they nail it though, even if I somewhat harbour a suspicion it won't meet the level of praise being given out

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  BOOOBIES!!!!
                  That too, but it was more the entire premise - the ridiculous, bonkers nature of it. It was a daft power fantasy that had everything in that our society considers 18-rated entertainment; ultra-violence, gore, death, vengeance, sex - yet it was juvenile. It had no greater message, no higher purpose.

Kratos was angry because he got the thin end of the wedge in a deal with a supernatural being. He sets out to kill the god of war and then the other gods too, through the power of sharp objects and ripping off limbs. On the way he kills Charon and steals his boat, kills Hercules, pulls the horns off the minotaur, rips off Medusa's head, cucks Hephaestus, ****s Aphrodite...

It was like a series of doodles a horny, hormonal 14 year-old who'd just read a book of Greek myth had drawn in the back of their school exercise book, but given 10 years and a hollywood-scale budget.

It was equal parts terrible and hilarious, but it worked because it combined that with something slick and incredibly playable.

I just can't see Kratos in a serious light, as a character with pathos and subtlety, if that's what they're going for with the fatherhood angle. In a way, this is the one thing that makes me even more interested in playing it because I struggle to see how it'd work, and if it does, I'm very curious to understand it.
                  Last edited by Asura; 13-04-2018, 13:26.

Comment

GOAT material? Not convinced I want to know what this is...

Comment

Game of All Time!
                      Daft praise anyway... we all know what that game is.

Deadly Premoniton

Comment

can't wait personally. I really enjoyed the series and this one looks great, plus the mental review scores are getting me quite excited. Finally time to pick up a pro I think... Shame that limited edition console is so damn ugly else I'd have been all over that!!!!

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        For what i've seen in the gameplay videogames and some of leaked streams over last few days, there is no way on a gameplay front this game should be getting 10/10's im seeing, it stinks of another average sony 3rd person game getting passes for average/dull combat kill boxes, punctuated by walkin'n'talking and climbing puzzles. i.e. it's the last of us all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by UKGamer View Post
                          NotSureIfSerious
                          Nah he's serious, and I understand his gripe. I find the entire Uncharted series painfully dull, to the point where I struggle to get why people like them so much. I mean I get they are visually stunning and have wonderfully scripted scenes, but would you watch them as a movie? I wouldn't.

I don't want this to become another moan about Uncharted thread, though. I'm just saying that there are some of us who really dislike that whole formula.

Comment

Nah he's serious, and I understand his gripe. I find the entire Uncharted series painfully dull, to the point where I struggle to get why people like them so much. I mean I get they are visually stunning and have wonderfully scripted scenes, but would you watch them as a movie? I wouldn't.

I don't want this to become another moan about Uncharted thread, though. I'm just saying that there are some of us who really dislike that whole formula.
                            This probably isn't the thread you're looking for then!
                            Although, this isn't just Uncharted; it's Uncharted + a fighting game in one so maybe that's enough of a differentiator to pique ones interest...

I'm not interested cos it's not VR or portable but it'll be fun for many I'm sure.

Comment

Me too actually and I'm just having a laugh - it's nonsense to stick Last of us and Uncharted to Horizon or Shadow of the Colossus though. They're quite clearly different styles of game.

on that subject Last of Us was the Uncharted formula perfected.

Comment

Serious, i won't break in a huge rant about other games for GoW thread for other Sony 3rd person "action" catalogue stuff, i'll leave at they're games with some serious gameplay problems like Last of us and uncharted 3, given free passes for mature cinematic stories and cutscenes.

As for the hating on Youtube/twitch, it's a good way to see how a game plays and if the person playing it knows what they are doing, all the better. Gone are the days where you would get demos for big games, the most we get now are MP stress tests for a brief period which often don't work, gone as well is being able to rent them out which how i played a ton of games from 16bit up to 32bit era.

Back to God of War, it's Ryse with big fantasy boss fights. For a character action game to base all it actions around a couple of actions is fine, its the variety of enemies and how they attack which matters and from what i've seen so far of the fodders enemies which make up most of game you take on 3-4 enemies with 1 moving towards you slowly swinging wildly, exciting isn't is the word. Then to back that up with 4k/graphics mode mostly at 30fps and 45fps average(uncapped) judderfest in performance mode shows how little they care about the game playing well and more what it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X