No announcement yet.

God of War 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Of Us and Uncharted are made by the same people and share elements. It seems like lunacy to then go from that to lumping God Of War and all other Sony 3rd person games together because they’re 3rd person. Not seeing any rationality in this idea. As UKGamer above says, it’s nonsense to chuck Shadow of the Colossus or Life Is Strange or almost any other game in here because you didn’t like Uncharted. If you also encounter a poor 1st person game and a bad 2D game, that’s you out of gaming for good, I guess.

Anyway, I think this looks pretty great. I don’t have a PS4 to play it on, unfortunately. The series needed a change one way or another and this looks like as good a direction as any.

Comment

Got to be honest i thought with the change would be a big mistake....but from what i have seen i am wrong. While it may not have that over the top style action having it more up close and personal with what looks like a real sense of impact (and no distracting orbs floating everywhere) I think this will be something i would like

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I just can't see Kratos in a serious light, as a character with pathos and subtlety, if that's what they're going for with the fatherhood angle. In a way, this is the one thing that makes me even more interested in playing it because I struggle to see how it'd work, and if it does, I'm very curious to understand it.
        Actually in the first PSP outing there's a bit where

Kratos gets to the fields of Hades and meets with his young daughter that he killed in a rage (blinded or tricked by the Gods - or somefink! ) and they have a tender reunion. However, he has to choose to leave her to save the world, knowing that he'll never see her again and that scene was poignant and interactive, I might add, enough to make me well up.

So I think Kratos is a tough, angry Dad-type who loves his kids but is usually hard-as-nails on them - a proper Spartan father.
        Last edited by gunrock; 14-04-2018, 08:39.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
          Actually in the first PSP outing there's a bit where

Kratos gets to the fields of Hades and meets with his young daughter that he killed in a rage (blinded or tricked by the Gods - or somefink! ) and they have a tender reunion. However, he has to choose to leave her to save the world, knowing that he'll never see her again and that scene was poignant and interactive, I might add, enough to make me well up.

So I think Kratos is a tough, angry Dad-type who loves his kids but is usually hard-as-nails on them - a proper Spartan father.
          Somewhat undermined by what happens ten seconds later, though.

Kratos escapes Elysium (aka Heaven) by KILLING DEAD PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM ULTRA DEAD. You go on a killing spree, killing all the defenceless good people who have died, and eventually get kicked out of heaven.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]: yeah, well Spartans gonna Spart!

Comment

Came in the post today.Great opening and plays really well.Looks excellent on the Pro.

Comment

It's getting some blistering reviews.
                The developer cried when the review embargo was lifted and saw how positive they were!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Last Of Us and Uncharted are made by the same people and share elements. It seems like lunacy to then go from that to lumping God Of War and all other Sony 3rd person games together because they’re 3rd person. Not seeing any rationality in this idea. As UKGamer above says, it’s nonsense to chuck Shadow of the Colossus or Life Is Strange or almost any other game in here because you didn’t like Uncharted. If you also encounter a poor 1st person game and a bad 2D game, that’s you out of gaming for good, I guess.

Anyway, I think this looks pretty great. I don’t have a PS4 to play it on, unfortunately. The series needed a change one way or another and this looks like as good a direction as any.
                  he dosent know what hes talking about its like saying ive watched a football match on TV therefore i know what its like to play football. Being passive in a situation and engaging in a situation are massively different things. As for the Ryse comments that games combat was pretty generic and slow.

"Do you like fighting beardy dudes? how about beardy dudes that go into slo-mo all the time, how about we flash rainbow colors over these beardy dudes to try and hide the constant quick time events? then Ryse is for you .
                  its like saying "Egh a 3rd person action adventure game it must be **** and generic you know like Bloodborne and Darksouls is
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 23-04-2018, 10:57.

Comment

like most people I've played football and still do most weeks depending on knees, and similar to that I've played plenty of games to get an understanding of how i expected it to play, especially based of sony's other games often getting free passes for mature themes and fantastic graphics.

the tone of this blacklash implies I've called the game ****, which i haven't, just
                    potentially overrated and now you're not allowed an opinion on a videogame from looking at footage of it in action, i got the same replies during destiny 2, played the beta, watched the footage of stuff later in the game and called it destiny 1.5... and look where that game was after a couple of months and i got absolutely crapped on.

to go back to teds post, use to be a " friendly" place, and the goes on to firelights over in the review thread.

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I did.

Mwahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Jeez...

Comment

I play football and also go to watch it each week, but if was to watch some football games on YouTube, they can sometimes look a hell of a lot better than it is to actually play them. Fifa 97 can look good and a lot better than the likes of Olympic Soccer, Fifa on the Mega Drive can look more impressive and look to the be the better football game, than Sensible Soccer.

Youtube is a handy tool to give one an impression of what the game looks, plays and sounds like, but it can never convey, what it is to actually play it. Some of the Youtube footage of Touring Cars on the Saturn actually look pretty decent, more so, when you see a skilled player playing the game Its's only when you play it for yourself, you find out what a bad game it is and find out, what a dog of a game it is to control.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          like most people I've played football and still do most weeks depending on knees, and similar to that I've played plenty of games to get an understanding of how i expected it to play, especially based of sony's other games often getting free passes for mature themes and fantastic graphics.

the tone of this blacklash implies I've called the game ****, which i haven't, just
                          potentially overrated and now you're not allowed an opinion on a videogame from looking at footage of it in action, i got the same replies during destiny 2, played the beta, watched the footage of stuff later in the game and called it destiny 1.5... and look where that game was after a couple of months and i got absolutely crapped on.

to go back to teds post, use to be a " friendly" place, and the goes on to firelights over in the review thread.
                          I think the backlash is your saying its overrated and putting down games that others enjoy. If you don't like this sort of game then fair play, but i wouldn't wander into the thred of a game that i dont like and start putting it down because i think its "Overrated". You just come off as that guy that thinks hes super cool and too good for something, and that gets peoples backs up.

I agree with you on Destiny it wasn't even 1.5 it was like 0.5, it took a few of us a bit longer to realize this. It was fun getting to the end and raiding for the first few weeks but then the realization hit about how much it had been dumbed down and how much they had screwed up of the end game. but you had played that and was a fan of it so id say that opinion and comment is far more valid, and hey you where ahead of the curve on that one.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 23-04-2018, 12:21.

Comment

I watched Football once, was enough to know it's rubbish and so are games based on it

Comment

Working...
                            X