User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God of War 5

Hoping its good but still not sold on the gameplay vids

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    15 mins of gameplay

https://streamable.com/ex9zd
    Looks such a step back from what GoW is about, now its just bland sony 3rd person action/shooter genre with ****ty boring combat broken up by slow moe dodges, that bit with when the son was boosted up for him to find a rope ladder a minute later screams uncharted and last of us.

best God of War game?

I played 3 and 1 in that order. Enjoyed both. 2HD is 3.29 on PS3 store. Or just under 6 quid for both.

GOW 3 on PS3 blew my mind at the time. Went back to the HD collection and it just wasn't there graphically. Not something I usually dwell on but 3 was such a visual treat that it was an important factor. I still have them and may replay them at some point to see if I can get stuck in because I really would like to.

Id like to see a full on BluepOint remake of 1 to be honest. Its by far the most evocative game in the series by a long shot. Mystery and mysticism around every corner.

Of the main games:

-God of War 2
    -God of War 1
    -God of War 3
    -God of War Ascension

The PSP entries are brilliant though as well. 3 looked visually amazing for the time it came out but that was mostly it. As a game it felt a little bit of a let down because for some unfathomable reason the devs had got it into their heads to pointless wrap the series up as a trilogy so they tried to burn through the Gods as spectacles and it reduced the sense of epicness they had as they fell in double quick time. Without that Ares style build up the game descended into a fairly ho-hum adventure. Ascension struggled hard because of that decision and felt much more bland and aimless. GOW2 though, peak fire there.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Of the main games:

-God of War 2
    -God of War 1
    -God of War 3
    -God of War Ascension

The PSP entries are brilliant though as well. 3 looked visually amazing for the time it came out but that was mostly it. As a game it felt a little bit of a let down because for some unfathomable reason the devs had got it into their heads to pointless wrap the series up as a trilogy so they tried to burn through the Gods as spectacles and it reduced the sense of epicness they had as they fell in double quick time. Without that Ares style build up the game descended into a fairly ho-hum adventure. Ascension struggled hard because of that decision and felt much more bland and aimless. GOW2 though, peak fire there.
    I agree with any list that puts 2 at the top. Contemporarily it was just fantastic.