No announcement yet.

TOHO Godzilla 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the suits have looked great. The Giant Monsters All-Out Attack one was fantastic and one of the others was excellent too. Was it Godzilla 2000? One with white eyes.

Edit: Actually, it was All-Out Attack that had the white eyes but, yeah, the Godzilla 2000 suit was good too. I seem to remember the glowing Destroyah suit was great too.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 05-01-2016, 13:23.

Comment

With the success of several recent “Godzilla” films by original production company Toho, talk has now begun regarding a linked Godzilla Cinematic Universe for the non-U.S. “Godzilla” films. Talking to the Japanese outlet Nikkei Style, Toho exec Keiji Ota recently laid out plans for the franchise’s future and says (via a translated article) that after […]

I've avoided setting up a Godzilla Cinematic Universe thread for a long while as whilst Universal has made it's plans known it has also never confirmed the thread required fifth movie to warrant one.

Turns out we might end up needing a Godzilla Second Cinematic Universe thread as Toho's recent run of success is leading them to kickstarting a non-Western version.

Comment

Erm... Just like the old films?
        Loads of the monsters appeared in several films, but I'm guessing that they're getting greedy and think they can make a Mothra movie, The Importance of Being Gigan, The Talented Mr. Rodan and King Ghidorah: The College Years, then put them all in another mashup movie.

Comment

That does seem to be the intent, to start churning out a ton of Mothra etc solo movies alongside Godzilla and have cross overs.

Given the way the series already works it doesn't really seem worthwhile. The western versions are trying this at the moment purely from an entry point of bringing together Godzilla and King Kong over four films and even that is stretching the launch pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/toho-pla...illa-universe/

I've avoided setting up a Godzilla Cinematic Universe thread for a long while as whilst Universal has made it's plans known it has also never confirmed the thread required fifth movie to warrant one.

Turns out we might end up needing a Godzilla Second Cinematic Universe thread as Toho's recent run of success is leading them to kickstarting a non-Western version.
            By "non-Western Godzilla", perhaps "Godzilla" would be the easiest shorthand?

Comment

Gozilla and Gojia?

Comment

「ゴジラ」

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  「ゴジラ」
                  ベルエンド

Comment

It's not weeaboo enough if you don't use the quote marks too. #chimpfail

Comment

I had to look up what weeaboo meant, so I was always going to be on the backfoot against somebody who speaks the language!

I've still not seen Shin Godzilla. Reviews are fairly middling.
                      I like the Netflix anime though.

Comment

I personally have always hated the term weeaboo. Mainly because it's me.

Shin Godzilla has far too many board meetings taking place, but otherwise it not bad. The image at the end has stayed with me and has been really thought-provoking though.

Comment

I'll see if it comes to Netflix or Prime. It's currently only on Sky Movies.

What's the score with Godzilla in this, is he a suit with CGI enhancement or is he all CGI?
                          Part of the charm for me is the sight of a guy in a suit mashing up a model village.

Comment

Guy in a suit with added effects.

Comment

The design in the movie crazy but, in context, it works really well. It's quite haunting, goofy googly eyes and all.

Comment

So, the Matthew Broderick movie is still considered the pinnacle yes?

Comment

Working...
                                X