No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DLC is built into the open world, there are a couple of locations that launch it off when you reach them.

I do get some of the criticisms Horizon received, there are some things I'd have liked to be done better in it but it's an astounding first effort that out Zelda's Zelda in some elements (though not all) and having stuck with it to the end it stayed with me more than most of last years titles.

Comment

My friend told me over the weekend that he enjoyed the setting and how good it feels when using the bow and its different arrow types. He normally hates games that have loads of min-quests and side missions but didn't mind them so much in this (bare in mind that he informed me he'd obtained the Platinum trophy in the game so he's that sort of player when he enjoys a title).

I'll give it go at some point and see what I think. I'm not of the viewpoint that something is automatically great because its sold several million copies (I can take or leave the CoD games, for example).

Comment

The game definitely spams you with them but it's fine to skip nearly all of them too

Comment

Does anybody know of a 3D-printed vertical stand for a PS4 Pro and PSVR 2.0 Processor Unit? It’s odd that there isn’t an official one I think.

Horizon has decent enough combat, but you only need a single bow to finish it. It’s nowhere near outZelda’ing Zelda. A massively wasted opportunity I think. It’s fun, but it’s no groundbreaking title.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 12-03-2018, 23:00.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Thanks for the views, guys. Horizon does look nice, but it sounds like a mix mash of games that send me to snooze-ville. I love the Souls series, so Nioh sounds like the likely game I'll get. I may leave it for now though as I've lots of monster hunting to do... or should I snap it up whilst it's that price. Hmm, but maybe a second hand boxed version will be that price anyway now... or just get FFXV for a tenner lol.
            Nioh>Horizon by a incredibly huge margin. Nioh has nothing on Souls though. The combat is deep, but it doesn’t grab you how Souls does. Souls is well deserved of its place in gaming legend.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Again, for proof of how good Horizon is (IMHO), I actively went out of my way to do all the errands and side quests to make the game last longer.

I have the DLC but am yet to start it.

Comment

Horizon Zero Dawn vs Nioh. Who da thunk it?

Comment

another vote for nioh > HDZ. HDZ is bland ubisoft like open world crap, a beautiful plastic souless world. Nioh is less souls like outside respawning and more like ninja gaiden meets diablo loot grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Horizon is incredible and if you get hooked by the story then it's really hard to stop playing.

The way Guerilla lay out the breadcrumbs of why the world is like it is is utterly fantastic!
                    Show's you how different we all are and have differing opinions (shock, horror!) as i agree with Teddy boy, loved it and have been wandering around for weeks now just getting into fights. Seems the majority didn't like it.

Comment

Horizon's about to pass 8m units sold now so it's all good :thumbs: They'll be cranking out Horizon's for years now and the first game is such an immense launching achievement that the next entry will definitely be one to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                        Show's you how different we all are and have differing opinions (shock, horror!) as i agree with Teddy boy, loved it and have been wandering around for weeks now just getting into fights. Seems the majority didn't like it.
                        I was loving it up until the brave trials ended with me being trapped inside an arena with mr 1 hit kills and his little friend chasing me.

I instantly turned it off and will never play it again because of that 1 section. I shouldn’t have to play turgid crap like that in 2019, ruined an awesome an otherwise amazing experience.

Comment

Working...
                        X