No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it on the Vita, supposed to be very good. A Metroidvania, apparently.

Comment

Hmm, methinks it would play even better on the vita than big screen so will check it out.

Comment

PlayStation 4 Now Automatically Downloads Full Games If You Enabled ‘Featured Content’

"The PlayStation 4 now seemingly downloads entire games that you haven’t even bought yet if you have enabled the ‘Featured Content’ option in Settings > System > Automatic Downloads.

This certainly won’t sit well with gamers. With the file size of games constantly on the rise, gamers are always trying to juggle hard drive space between the games they’re currently playing and they won’t be happy to find out that their console decided to occupy even more space with a game they can’t even play.

Moreover, some Internet Service Providers have monthly data caps, which makes things even worse in this specific case. Hopefully, Sony will see reason and scale back on what seems like a needlessly intrusive advertisement. In the meantime, you might want to make sure that it’s disabled in your settings."

Comment

Massively amateurish decision. They need to put more restrictions of the office temps access rights

Comment

Why would they even do that? What could the possible benefit of that be in any real world scenario where HDs are tiny and games are huge?

Comment

It’s been that way since last year, they download promoted content onto your PS4, happend with Destiny 2.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                Why would they even do that? What could the possible benefit of that be in any real world scenario where HDs are tiny and games are huge?
                Worst part of it is there is an assumption that ISP’s have unlimited data and certainly in the USA that’s not the case with some providers who have multi tiered data deals, things like this could send people over their limit and subsequently cost the user money.

Comment

Just seems like such a strange and out of touch way of doing things.

Comment

I imagine the thinking is that users are more likely to pull the trigger on a purchase if they can begin playing immediately, rather than waiting for a 50gb download to finish.

It’s not been thought through at all though - HDD space is at an absolute premium on any PS4 model. Dumb move, it needs to be switched off by default.

Comment

In that case, why not just download the initial parts of these featured games? The user can still start playing immediately and less space is used. I'm sure these featured games aren't flagged as low priority and automatically deleted if the user actively downloads/installs something. No, of course not.

Comment

Yakuza Kiwami is currently £11.99 on the store!

Comment

My PS4 just died 😭

Comment

Launch model? What happened?

I'm here if you need to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                              Launch model? What happened?

I'm here if you need to talk.
                              I just can’t right now Pavey. It’s too raw

edit. also just realised Shadow of the Colossus disk is stuck in the console, double whammy
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-03-2018, 16:09.

Comment

There's a decent sale on PS Store with some titles Ive been hovering over the buy button on some...

Out of these, which one would you get?

Horizon Hero Dawn or Nioh?

I hear good things about both

Comment

Working...
                                X