No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSVR is not really worth it for games I feel. I say this after literally spending a year trying to convince the wife to let me buy it.

However, I picked up RE7 in the black friday sales and will be trying that this week, so I may change my tune. It is almost worth it for the X-Wing VR mission in SW Battlefront. Battlefront 2 doesn't have anything VR compatible yet.

I use mine with my launch edition PS4.

Comment

So er, anyone getting this?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        PSVR is not really worth it for games I feel. I say this after literally spending a year trying to convince the wife to let me buy it.

However, I picked up RE7 in the black friday sales and will be trying that this week, so I may change my tune. It is almost worth it for the X-Wing VR mission in SW Battlefront. Battlefront 2 doesn't have anything VR compatible yet.

I use mine with my launch edition PS4.
        Thanks man. I had a feeling that would be the case. Will wait till it's £125 or so as planned then.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          Would those of you that have PSVR say that its worth it? ?
          YES, without a doubt. Its the most amazing experience in gaming. Its worth it alone for REZ, never mind the likes of RE 7. Farpoint is ace too with the gun controller and really jummy, when you have those spiders flying right inyour face.

Have to say Rush of Blood is up there with REZ, just amazing and I can't wait for Bravo to come out for the VR and also looking forward to Ace Combat 7 too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Got these VR games off my partner for Christmas.

Have to say Doom is ace fun in VR and pretty scary when the Demons start charging you in VR and the GFX and framerate hold up in VR. Wish more FPS would support VR. Playing Doom and Farpoint in VR is such an unbelievable experience and really puts you in the action
            I played literally 2 minutes of Doom VFR - the controls are the absolute worst I have ever experienced.

Farpoint and Robinson worked great, Doom does not. I doubt I'll even try it again. Moving with the face buttons on the Move controller is almost mentally impossible to remember.

Comment

Uncover the mystery of a deserted space station in upcoming puzzler "The Station"

Comment

YES, without a doubt. Its the most amazing experience in gaming.
                Better than the Xbox One X?!

(Sorry, not sorry! )

Comment

Turns out SNK Heroines is coming to the PS4 too, there’s also the Diamond Dream Edition

Shame it’s a vest and not a T shirt as it’s a pretty cool design.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                    I played literally 2 minutes of Doom VFR - the controls are the absolute worst I have ever experienced.

Farpoint and Robinson worked great, Doom does not. I doubt I'll even try it again. Moving with the face buttons on the Move controller is almost mentally impossible to remember.
                    Playing any FPS with the Move controllers doesn't work for me, Killzone 3 was also tripe with the Move controller. I can play the game with the normal Pad with out much issue ( I do wished it used the Aim Controller though) The move controller come into their own for Rush Of Blood though. Really enjoying the new prepective of Doom VR and it can be a little scary in parts

Have to say I'm not that impressed with the Journey just yet, it's all a little boring

Comment

Playing any FPS with the Move controllers doesn't work for me, Killzone 3 was also tripe with the Move controller. I can play the game with the normal Pad with out much issue ( I do wished it used the Aim Controller though) The move controller come into their own for Rush Of Blood though. Really enjoying the new prepective of Doom VR and it can be a little scary in parts

Have to say I'm not that impressed with the Journey just yet, it's all a little boring
                      I'll give it a bash with the controller then. To get some use out of my Move wands I downloaded Arizona Sunshine, Bridge Crew and Tumble in the January Sale, the last two are better with a pad as well...

Comment

I thought kz3 with move was fantastic!

Comment

I was wrong about Doom VFR. When you use the DS4 and turn on left stick moving it is transformed into something awefsome.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                            it is transformed into something awefsome.
                            Yeah, the controls are flawless.

Comment

And the classic maps!!

Comment

So it turns out that it is possible to get PS4 to run your own PS2 games in an Xbox 360 like backward compatibility and Sony just haven't enabled it: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...mulation-linux

Along with the usual homebrew efforts of installing cracked copies of PS4 games, developers have cleverly reverse-engineered Sony’s existing PS2 Classics for PS4 titles, resulting in an installable wrapper that users can use to put almost any PS2 game (assuming they have an ISO file for the title). That’s led to a dramatically larger lineup of backwards compatible PS2 games on the PS4 than Sony’s official offerings on the store.
                                Only problem, you need firmware 4.05 from 2016.

Sony are mugging us off for those store sales.
                                Last edited by MartyG; 24-01-2018, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X