Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to agree with everyone else. All roads have all the lanes set to the same speed limit, average enforcement or not. You are meant to be in the left most lane unless you are overtaking. This is regardless of whether someone wanting to pass is over the speed limit or not. If they are speeding, that's their problem and if they get caught, they'll cop the consequences.

Now I'll admit I've occasionally done what Asura describes, but pretty much mostly because said person in front of me has been travelling no faster (and sometimes SLOWER!) than the traffic in the adjacent left lane, and therefore should be moving over to let me pass.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

"4. he swore at me first."

Unless I missed it, your OP says that you did. You didn't like him pointing out that you were in the wrong lane, so you gave him the middle finger.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
        "4. he swore at me first."

Unless I missed it, your OP says that you did. You didn't like him pointing out that you were in the wrong lane, so you gave him the middle finger.
        He sat behind me giving the wanker sign first, I just responded back in kind. I won't be bullied by morons, in any walk of life.

Also, at that point he was so close and so erratic that I was given no choice but to stay where I was and not move, given the distance, any action from me would of likely resulted in his dismemberment, first he was right behind, then in my passenger blind spot, then driver blind spot then up the inside.

Clearly it's a case of had to be there. So let's just leave it there then eh guys.

Comment

Sounds like the biker was going way too fast and was a danger to other road users.
          Also sounds like you were doing a bit of law enforcement. Regardless of the speed limit if there are two lanes then you pass using the right hand lane, otherwise it's illegal. You should have moved over. No one likes being wrong.

I wasn't there so I imagine that the aggression of the biker is what got to you and I can understand your annoyance, but just let the idiot break the speed limit and get out your hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Sounds like the biker was going way too fast and was a danger to other road users.
            Also sounds like you were doing a bit of law enforcement. Regardless of the speed limit if there are two lanes then you pass using the right hand lane, otherwise it's illegal. You should have moved over. No one likes being wrong.

I wasn't there so I imagine that the aggression of the biker is what got to you and I can understand your annoyance, but just let the idiot break the speed limit and get out your hair.
            Honestly, he approached so quick there wasn't time to move, and if i did move, and he overtook into the lane I moved into it would of been splat, if you was there staying put was the best option, my pal said the same thing, if I'd of moved at all it could of been his end, especially sitting in both blind spots so close to the rear of my car, which he knew he was.

I'm just glad there wasn't other cars around for him to endanger. I've never seen such lunacy before and hope I don't again.

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying the guy on the bike wasn't a tool fishbowlhead, he clearly was from what you're saying. That said, you need to see that there wouldn't have been any situation for you to post about in the first place had you been where you should've been on the road. Your post would've simply been "I couldn't believe the speed I saw this cock on a motorbike shooting down the road today", and we'd all be in agreement.

Risk assessment is part of my job, and I can tell you that where you had positioned yourself on the road in the event of an RTA would have been viewed as a root cause, and a contributing factor in any events that unfolded thereafter. Laws have changed these days as to lane positioning as someone has already mentioned. Maybe you're unaware of that, I don't know, but there's no need to get arsey about it when people are trying to explain it to you.

Comment

As my driving instructor told me when I started learning:

"Learn to love the left!"

Of course, he could have been making a political statement but I feel it was a driving tip.

Hell, the reason I failed my first test was because I was in the right hand lane on a dual carriageway when I shouldn't have been. Was viewed as a serious error.

Comment

I drive mostly on the left nowadays. No wait, is that hang to the left..

Comment

You better keep to the right on esculators Martin or we'll have to have words.

Comment

Fair enough and point taken Colin.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        You better keep to the right on esculators Martin or we'll have to have words.
                        That pissed me off! We drive on the left so we should travel on escalators on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Fair enough and point taken Colin.
                          No worries bud, my last sentence was probably too strongly worded as well. Anyway, going to lock this one down chaps as it's just heading in to standard 'irk' territory, please continue about escalator etiquette over there.

Comment

It is very sad when bikers tailgate - it's soooo dangerous. They could blink and end up in hospital. I'm not saying I didn't go nuts on my bike quite regularly, but in traffic there was always time to wait for people to pull over. Basically there's a time and place (when you can see e.g. round corners, and when there's nothing in the way). It makes everyone think that bikers are wankers, but it's really only the attention seekers that give all the others a bad name.

I also preffered to hang to one side of the car in front (and a decent way back), so that if it did put the anchors on, I could just go next to it if braked harder than me (porsches and stuff can stop really hard).

Comment

Working...
                            X