No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the very best to you all, hope you have/ are having a great time.

Comment

Merry Christmas. My guts are in AGONY. Too many Yule logs.

Comment

Hoping Yule logs are something that goes in rather than describing what comes out.

Comment

Happy Christmas, chums!

Comment

Liking the alpinestars gloves action. Mum forgot the sugar in the Xmas pudding and it was the best ever! So good. Had more to drink today than in the whole of the last 3 months

Comment

Well it's been quite a nice Christmas really. Started almost two weeks ago with a Carol service at Durham Cathedral, which was spellbindingly lovely. A shopping trip to York was fruitful and atmospheric. The build up at work was fraught as usual, but I managed to shed any truly hideous ailments before the holiday, unlike last year. I've got a permanently horrid taste in my mouth making me feel sick, but I think that might be a mild bit of cold going around my stomach, as well as an over indulgence in meaty and crappy foods recently.

A Monday beer quest around Newcastle with Plough Boy was very fruitful and revealed a 10/10 Christmas cask beer. A rarity indeed for me to anoint it the maximum on the day of consumption. I'm like the Craig Revel Horwood of beer tickers. Without the mincing.

A Tuesday visit to the house of my grandparents, to see my recently-out-of-hospital grandad up and about, was a real boon to see. The joy on their faces to see my gifts was a very sweet moment.

Christmas Eve and I managed to pick up a last minute extra for my bird. A Phase Eight dress reduced from 110 quid to 30. She loved it but her mother didn't, so that was it; it went back into the arms of the confused assistant. I thought 'wtf?' and nodded at the assistant to keep it back, for which I sneaked back to the shop ten minutes later to buy it. I was in two minds about going against her stubborn huff, but I thought, why not buy an expensive dress that fits and you like, just because your mum doesn't like it? FFS, total martyr. I even asked the assistant to put it in a discrete carrier bag with no reference to the shop, so as not to blow the game. I was relieved when my lass mentioned an hour later to me privately that she was gutted at not getting the dress. So, I had a word with her mother and told her I'd bought it because it was a bargain and she didn't have a problem. I think she was upset that my partner didn't get it on her account. Today, when she unwrapped the 'cheap last minute extra', she was totally chuffed.

A successful seasonal period all told.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Liking the alpinestars gloves action. Mum forgot the sugar in the Xmas pudding and it was the best ever! So good. Had more to drink today than in the whole of the last 3 months
                The gloves are absolute belters chief! Although my bikes been with the repair shop since end of Nov after a twat in Bristol knocked it over whilst parked! So I currently just have very posh warm kevlar knuckled gloves for every day use!

Been a great christmas day today, hope everyone's had a good 'un.

Comment

Merry Christmas all! It's been a blast, and so lovely to spend time with my Viking family.

Comment

Did I win the christmas comp?

Comment

Been drinking since 11 and yet stone cold sober, must have been the obscene amount of nice food I've ingested.

Had a great day hope you all have too.

Happy Christmas.

Comment

I had one beer then couldn't be bothered to have a second. Man, times change.

However I would securely bet I have eaten more cheese and biscuits than anyone else on here today.........

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

However I would securely bet I have eaten more cheese and biscuits than anyone else on here today.........
                          Same here, one 660ml was enough for me today.

Wouldn't challenge you on the cheese but I bet I've eaten more yakiniku than anyone else today!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Comment

Oh I dunno I've put away some cheese.

Comment

Merry Christmas

Food will help to avoid getting drunk, I've found over the years.

I've got a double southern comfort and cola on go in a tall glass that's going down slowly.

Had an iffy stomach last couple of days so not eaten much.

So a not so merry Christmas here today lol.
                              Last edited by wod; 25-12-2014, 22:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Not had a drink in weeks. I did consume an entire box of After Eight mints in the last 24 hours though.

Comment

Working...
                                X