Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Rumbles are mounting that the NA release date for the New 3DS models will be February 13th, many are expecting tomorrows Direct to confirm it
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 16-02-2022, 10:29.

Do you think that NoA might've missed a trick by not making the New 3DS buttons match the NTSC SNES Joypad for North American customers?

Comment

I wish this thing had Bluetooth. All I want is to output the music to speakers without cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Do you think that NoA might've missed a trick by not making the New 3DS buttons match the NTSC SNES Joypad for North American customers?
        Not as iconic as the original 4 colours.

Thats the main reason I'm buying a New 3DS really, all thanks to those retro memory hitting buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
          Not as iconic as the original 4 colours.

Thats the main reason I'm buying a New 3DS really, all thanks to those retro memory hitting buttons.
          I get that, but it wouldn't really register with North American gamers back then as they obviously didn't have that.

Comment

The thing with those colours is that they speak very much of a certain Nintendo era. For any new gamers from the last 20 years those coloured buttons won't mean much and little else ties into the SNES. I love it, but it makes you wonder why they've done it... hopefully a very early sign of Nintendo looking back at that era and nodding to the systems appeal

Comment

I'm curious to know, is there any way to transfer your digital titles from an existing XL to the New 3DS when you purchase one?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I'm curious to know, is there any way to transfer your digital titles from an existing XL to the New 3DS when you purchase one?
                Yeah there is a system transfer tool built into the system software, you can do a system transfer every 7 days.

Comment

All these years and I had no idea the US SNES pad didn't have the coloured buttons.

Comment

Nah. They made a mistake first time around and this an attempt to rectify it.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                      I wish this thing had Bluetooth. All I want is to output the music to speakers without cables.
                      At least we can copy photos from it without having to take the sd card out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Nah. They made a mistake first time around and this an attempt to rectify it.
                        Don't get me wrong, the original NTSC-U SNES console itself is hideous looking, as are the cartridges. NoA definitely got that wrong (although the SNES mini is an improvement).

But, imo, the NTSC-U SNES controller always had an edgy cool about it with the two-tone purple, especially back then. Precisely because it was different to its NTSC-J and PAL counterparts. It stood out.

Not that it matters much these days. Global uniform branding means that the era of NES/Famicom or SNES/Super Famicom or Mega Drive/Genesis are obviously long gone and never coming back.

Comment

13th February for new 3ds launch
                          Also Majora's mask new 3ds edition launched same day

Comment

Was hoping to get the smaller version with the coloured buttons, only getting the XL version in North America it seems, gah! (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X