Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowpiercer

Anyone seen it?

Watched about half of it late last night and other than being a bit silly at times, its a seems a decent futuristic romp with a global warming theme set on a train!

Other half tonight
    Last edited by dvdx2; 02-10-2014, 07:55.

I've not seen it, but I'd like to.

I'm not sure what the current status is of the length of the film because Harvey Weinstein wanted to cut the film and add monologues at the start and end.

Eventually the Director, Bong Joon-ho, got to release it uncut, but Weinstein would only release it to a handful of arthouse cinemas. Good takings and reviews meant it was released to more cinemas shortly after.

I'm not sure what version you'd be getting if you bought the DVD.

Comment

I've been holding off buying Snowpiercer hoping it will get a cinema release over here. The original graphic novels were finally released in English back in March. About 25 years after they were first published in France.

Comment

Saw it a while back, remember it being alright enough as long as you didn't think about the plot after the end as it was much dumber than it first appeared

Comment

It is very much in the Terry Gilliam style of sci-fi... more surrealistic than futuristic but it makes it's point.

Comment

The first hour was promising, but then it went downhill pretty fast, with condescending plot tones and just plain ridiculous CG and action.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I've not seen it, but I'd like to.

I'm not sure what the current status is of the length of the film because Harvey Weinstein wanted to cut the film and add monologues at the start and end.

Eventually the Director, Bong Joon-ho, got to release it uncut, but Weinstein would only release it to a handful of arthouse cinemas. Good takings and reviews meant it was released to more cinemas shortly after.

I'm not sure what version you'd be getting if you bought the DVD.
              The one i bought was the 126min (uncut?) Golden scene bluray release

Comment

I bought the region 3 DVD...uncut.
                Ruined by Tilda Swintons 'last of the summer wine on crack' performance for me.

If you ignore her then its not bad. But I couldn't get past it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                  I bought the region 3 DVD...uncut.
                  Ruined by Tilda Swintons 'last of the summer wine on crack' performance for me.

If you ignore her then its not bad. But I couldn't get past it personally.
                  What time did your uncut version weigh in at?

Watched it all and really enjoyed it - got a bioshock vibe of it!

Have to disagree mate - though Tilda made the movie - abit like a boss character in a video game! She was so out of place and really did fit in with the bizzare progression of the movie.

Comment

The long in the works “Snowpiercer” TV series is still a good year away from airing, but WarnerMedia has not only announced a Spring 2020 launch target date but also confirmed they’ve renewed the series for a second season. On top of that, the series will now air on TBS instead of TNT as originally […]

New TV incarnation launches Spring 2020 and a second season has already been greenlit

Comment

The film is on Netflix and I keep meaning to watch it.

I couldn't tell you which cut it is, but I guess it's the theatrical release.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        The film is on Netflix and I keep meaning to watch it.

I couldn't tell you which cut it is, but I guess it's the theatrical release.
                        It's pretty good! I've wanted to watch it again for ages but last time I looked, it wasn't on any service and the DVD cost a packet.

Comment

Watched it recently, enjoyed it but had to ignore a few plot-holes.

Comment

How are the subs on the steaming version. The BD version I have has French subtitles for the Korean dialogue. And my French is rather rusty.

Comment

Anyone watched the series, I've done pretty much all of season one and they have pretty much jettisoned everything from the film and the books to go their own way. its a weird show as it only seems to have a few sets and the train dosent feel thousands of carriages long as they zip up and down it like its a normal sized train. They seem to pull the curtain back far to quick too with us getting to see the engine and how the trains run in the first few episodes so it looses a lot of the mystery from the film and books

Comment

Working...
                              X