Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Vita or not Vita, that is the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I guess it's true that I focussed on it being an awful Silent Hill game rather than focussing on what it was good at. Although even then it seemed like a very average dungeony loot game, like those Untold Legends games on PSP. But they just might not be my thing.

Comment

I don't think I would bother. the controls are just not good enough.

EDIT: But Tareaway is really worth a look, if you can borrow one.

Comment

Depends what you're playing though surely? The titles that I've mentioned for instance don't require the controls to be as perfect as say, a shooter- but are more than adequate for everything else? Possibly argue UMVC3, but that game is so input friendly that it's not too much of an issue.

Dogg Thang- you are right, it was an average/above average loot RPG, but the layout/level design/puzzles and way you unlocked further progress was quite different I thought. It shouldn't be on anyone's GOTY list to be fair, and me putting it on mine was preference more than anything, but it is an exclusive, and an above average one imo!

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
          I don't think I would bother. the controls are just not good enough.

EDIT: But Tareaway is really worth a look, if you can borrow one.
          Tearaway!!! god i cant believe I forgot this gem, really shows off what the vita can do, and proably the only game that uses the rear touch pad in a meaningful way.

Comment

I know that this doesn't fit within your question replica but I have recently been using my Vita exclusively for PS4 Link remote play (sadly only in my house) to potter around in Destiny. Keeps the Missus happy and seems to work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
              I know that this doesn't fit within your question replica but I have recently been using my Vita exclusively for PS4 Link remote play (sadly only in my house) to potter around in Destiny. Keeps the Missus happy and seems to work very well.
              lol that's what my vita gets used for a lot too, its pretty good for knocking out a few bounties though i wouldn't want to take it into a Raid or nightfall as I find it quite hard to aim using the little sticks.

Comment

Danganronpa looks so unique and thanks for the other recommendations.

I usually pick up systems at the end of their commerical life once the wheat has been separated from the chaff at bargain prices. Don't have a PS4 so the remote function isn't that important as the main selection of games available on there.

That and the white console looks so nice:

Comment

Nrrggghhh the white Vita's do look pretty ace. I really want the Japanese slim lime-and-white one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Nrrggghhh the white Vita's do look pretty ace. I really want the Japanese slim lime-and-white one.
                    Everybody needs a stylish paperweight, I guess.

Comment

i got a vita and to be honest i find it ok but i really wish i had got a 3ds instead. While it does have some cool exclusives i just think the 3ds has a lot more
                      Last edited by eastyy; 19-01-2015, 18:10.

Comment

Still use mine regularly for EDF, dorama/music vid watching and a bit of music, love it but not as much as the PSP. Screen is the obvious positive versus the PSP for watching stuff.

Main moan is the lack of a hold button, what were Sony thinking of. You can turn the screen off and adjust volume while playing music but it's a massive error in my opinion not to be able to lock the button when watching a video.

Comment

Well, in a moment of impulsive impulsiveness I bought the Vita, mainly because Batman Arkham Origins looked so good and reminded me a lot of playing the original Batman The Movie on the Amiga back in the days.

That and Fez looks astounding, the indie games on this platform are the ones that have got most of my attention so I welcome your recommendations.

Also, what is the best way to buy games on this platform? Via the subscription service? Gamecards? Codes? Quite new to all of this as this is my first modern console.

Comment

I love the Vita but I haven't heard very good things about Arkham Origins on it.

Comment

Batman is bad. There are much better Amiga games. And Vita games.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                                Well, in a moment of impulsive impulsiveness I bought the Vita, mainly because Batman Arkham Origins looked so good and reminded me a lot of playing the original Batman The Movie on the Amiga back in the days.

That and Fez looks astounding, the indie games on this platform are the ones that have got most of my attention so I welcome your recommendations.

Also, what is the best way to buy games on this platform? Via the subscription service? Gamecards? Codes? Quite new to all of this as this is my first modern console.
                                1. Find best price
                                2. Buy

I've got a few physical but mainly digital. Muramasa is good enough I have both. PS+ is the main source of games if you have a subscription, but don't buy it if you only have a Vita. PSN sales are on regularly enough that you can get some good stuff, like Resogun was cheap this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X