Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Vita or not Vita, that is the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomato View Post
    I love the Vita but I haven't heard very good things about Arkham Origins on it.
    Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Batman is bad. There are much better Amiga games. And Vita games.
    Gosh darn it, the review said it was decent. Whats so bad? It looked like a decent Castlevania rip that reminded me of the olden games.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    1. Find best price
    2. Buy

I've got a few physical but mainly digital. Muramasa is good enough I have both. PS+ is the main source of games if you have a subscription, but don't buy it if you only have a Vita. PSN sales are on regularly enough that you can get some good stuff, like Resogun was cheap this week.
    So there's no need to keep a subscription to get bargains? I was going to sign up for a US PSN account as I remember the games were cheaper/wider selection?

Comment

You get better deals with PS+ but you're shelling out $50 to start with.
      Play-asia had Ys on sale...but they're changing deals any second.
      Last edited by kryss; 27-01-2015, 04:42.

Comment

Yeah, they just changed.

Is the PSVita Y's any good? I haven't played a single Ys game but if I'd try one, I'd say that could be a good version.

Looking to get that and Persona 4 Golden.

Comment

Peraona 4, Tearaway and Danganronpa are must haves!

Comment

Batman fails on most levels within the game type. Slow, cumbersome, boring. The platforming is modern platforming so all automated. The graphics are bland as is the combat.
            The whole thing is a bad Mirror of Fate which is bottom dollar Castlevania.

Ys is nice.

Comment

I brought a Vita last year and although the hardware is nice and there's some good games, I always felt there's no must have title in the library.

I really enjoyed WipEout and WRC4 but everything else felt like I would rather play all these games on a big TV. I can see someone buying one if you don't have access to the main TV or do a lot of portable gaming but as someone who likes to play on a console, the best console you can buy right now is a 3DS XL. I don't feel the Vita has enough going for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                I brought a Vita last year and although the hardware is nice and there's some good games, I always felt there's no must have title in the library.
                Tearaway, and Gravity Rush are coming round your house to have a word those games are classics and rightly so.

Comment

I brought both of those games and really loved Tearaway as it had bags of charm, but never thought of them as classics in the same way of a game like Super Mario 3D Land.

Comment

I love Gravity Rush but it's not quite a classic as there are too many things that let it down, the repetitive and unbalanced combat primarily. Upgrade Gravity Kick to the max and you can pretty much just spam that for the whole game.

The game has so much style though - I love the design of the world and the characters, and the central mechanic of using gravity to fly is loads of fun.

I really really wish they would make another.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Upgrade Gravity Kick to the max and you can pretty much just spam that for the whole game.
                      certain bosses required more than that the throw and specials came into play quite a bit for a lot of the game, I loved the challenges too, sliding round the levels, throwing challenges and fighting challenges, really showed you how to mix up your ability's. yes you could just gravity kick everything but that's a very slow and boring way to do a lot of the fights.

more news coming soon regarding a sequel its in development, i wonder if its been switched to the ps4 now as its been MIA for a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post

I brought both of those games and really loved Tearaway as it had bags of charm, but never thought of them as classics in the same way of a game like Super Mario 3D Land.
                        I have to agree there's no game that says to me you 'must' own this game and machine. That said I do like and rate my Vita its a top class system with some really good games. Hotshots golf is worth ownning the system for on its own

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          certain bosses required more than that the throw and specials came into play quite a bit for a lot of the game, I loved the challenges too, sliding round the levels, throwing challenges and fighting challenges, really showed you how to mix up your ability's. yes you could just gravity kick everything but that's a very slow and boring way to do a lot of the fights.

more news coming soon regarding a sequel its in development, i wonder if its been switched to the ps4 now as its been MIA for a year now.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/..._find_out_soon
                          I don't know why I'm arguing against it really as I love the game, it just doesn't quite reach the status of 'classic' for me. It was a couple of years ago but I recall the Gravity Kick being pretty powerful and being a quicker way of finishing fights for me than using some of my other levelled-up moves.

Gravity Rush 2 on PS4 would be absolutely blinding.

Comment

Is there a thread of Vita games recommendations on here anywhere? I've seen some cracking looking titles like:

Fez
                            Unfinished Swan
                            Never Alone
                            Spelunky
                            Dokuru
                            Stealth Inc
                            Child Of Light
                            Gucamelee
                            TxK
                            Little Kings Story

Any experience with this little lot?

Comment

The only two I've played have been Fez and TxK both of which I'd say are superb .

Comment

The only two I've played to any degree have been Fez and TxK both of which I'd say are superb .

I did start guacamelee and was really enjoying it (it's v well rated too) but broke off for some reason the currently escapes me. Must give it another go sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X