Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Vita or not Vita, that is the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Slim's LED is pretty good or always seemed so when I saw a unit demoing but I always preferred the OLED original system easily

Comment

Ooh! This arrived yesterday, hurrah!
      Thanks, [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION].

Had a play about and I love it! Got it configured and set up with my account then downloaded a few games.
      I played a couple of levels of EDF2, then tried remote play on the PS4. I was playing Monster Hunter: World on a VITA!
      After I sussed that the touchscreen replicates the R2/L2, R3/L3 and touchscreen, I was able to do all my combos and call up the map and so on. L2 + Triangle for my Spirit Helm Breaker special move was a little trickier though!

If I play from somewhere away from my home network, does the PS4 need to be on or just in rest mode?

It was telling me about various chat groups and I clicked [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]'s group to see who was in there, but it actually took me in! Sorry for the interruption!

I really like it so far and the combination of touchscreen, buttons and joysticks is wonderful.

Comment

lol no problem i was glad of the interruption i got roped into a no hoper Destiny 2 raid, and we spent two hours trying to teach a team to do the baths.

Comment

There are a fair few gamers who need to be taught how to use their baths...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Thanks, @Colin.

Had a play about and I love it! Got it configured and set up with my account then downloaded a few games.
            I played a couple of levels of EDF2, then tried remote play on the PS4. I was playing Monster Hunter: World on a VITA!
            After I sussed that the touchscreen replicates the R2/L2, R3/L3 and touchscreen, I was able to do all my combos and call up the map and so on. L2 + Triangle for my Spirit Helm Breaker special move was a little trickier though!

If I play from somewhere away from my home network, does the PS4 need to be on or just in rest mode?

It was telling me about various chat groups and I clicked @Lebowski's group to see who was in there, but it actually took me in! Sorry for the interruption!

I really like it so far and the combination of touchscreen, buttons and joysticks is wonderful.
            Glad it got there mate, as one of the parcels I shipped that day went awol.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Glad it got there mate, as one of the parcels I shipped that day went awol.
              Yeah, I just wanted you to know your extra efforts to get it here paid off.

Not that I'm bothered, but is this the old or new Vita?

Comment

How do you mean QC?

Comment

Everyone was banging on about the OLED and LCD screens.
                  I probably couldn't tell the difference and it's pin sharp to my eyes.

Comment

Oh right, it's an OLED mate.

Comment

Cheers ears.

I was a little giddy playing MH:W on the remote play. Wow, that's clever!

Comment

Cheers ears.

I was a little giddy playing MH:W on the remote play. Wow, that's clever!
                        Wait until you remote play AND party chat without a headset on

Also, DOWNLOAD DOWNWELL. It’s like £1.50 on sale at the moment- no excuse.

Comment

Nice, hope you enjoy it.

I still prefer the Japanese covers though;
                          Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like HikokiOtaku.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                            Wait until you remote play AND party chat without a headset on

Also, DOWNLOAD DOWNWELL. It’s like £1.50 on sale at the moment- no excuse.
                            If I'd have got it when you said, it would've been £4!

Ha, thanks for the reminder, I've bought it now and it's in the download list.

I think I need more memory...

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                            Nice, hope you enjoy it.

I still prefer the Japanese covers though;
                            Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like HikokiOtaku.

That does look aces, but I can't speak Japanese, I'd be lost!

Comment

Holy moly! I can't believe how expensive the memory card are!

Comment

Holy moly! I can't believe how expensive the memory card are!
                                Yep, it's everyone's number one complaint about the system. A quick glance at Amazon seems to show that prices for them are now rising, too. £85 for 64GB

Comment

Working...
                                X