No announcement yet.

Alien VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Aliens - Resurrection back to back and I think all of them were good in their own way. Can't wait for a continuation to the Ripley saga, although I guess it really isn't Ripley in Resurrection.

Comment

I know some people for whome Alien 3 (ultimate extended/assembly) is the best of the series, and I can see their point, it certainly stands on its own - which is probably the best way to take it. Perhaps it has the best dialogue of the series sans the Marine's from Aliens.

I'm a big fan of that version.

Comment

I can see things to like but it aims to be a horror and, for me, fails miserably in that regard. No tension, no scares, barely even drama. And that's even before we get them running away from the alien-eye view and the fact that it looks like it was made on a shoestring compared with the first two.

Comment

Some of the scenes do look dodge, in the making of they reveal the Alien bluescreen effects were made using compositing from laserdiscs 0_o.

Comment

The compositing was a main offender. The lighting didn't match and it made the puppet (which was pretty good) look like really early days CG rather than an actual puppet in a lot of shots. And I remember the end sequence climax being something along the lines of: awesome shot, awesome slo mo shot, awesome slo mo shot, wow awesome... dodgy composite. On the plus side, I thought some of the dark sets were great. Very claustrophobic even though there seemed to be space around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I can see things to like but it aims to be a horror and, for me, fails miserably in that regard. No tension, no scares, barely even drama. And that's even before we get them running away from the alien-eye view and the fact that it looks like it was made on a shoestring compared with the first two.
              Well i don't agree on it having no tension at all...

I specifically remember the whole section where she tries to find bishop in the scrapped ship, and just feeling very uneasy throughout that whole section of the film. The tension is almost palpable.

I think overall the workprint version is superb, despite being obviously imperfect in many ways.
              Last edited by PaTaito; 25-02-2015, 02:14.

Comment

Boy does this sound decent , those pics of the older Hicks looks like the early Dark Horse stuff

Comment

^^ the Preview Post button is your friend...

...as am I

I forgot my earphones so I'll have to watch it when I get home

I really liked Alien 3 AC. Maybe I was expecting so little and was pleasantly surprised. I haven't got round to Prometheus yet but I will at some point, even though I'm sure it's rubbishy-rubbish.
                  Last edited by randombs; 26-02-2015, 05:50.

Comment

I really enjoyed Alien 3. Ripley running around with her Pulse Rifle, firing grenade rounds at countless aliens and queens, rescuing kids and climbing up and down lots of ladders.

Wait... I'm thinking of the Mega Drive game.

Prometheus has so much potential, but it's ruined by all the "experts" on the ship doing loads of stupid things.
                    It's like they're as smart as the cast of TOWIE.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I really enjoyed Alien 3. Ripley running around with her Pulse Rifle, firing grenade rounds at countless aliens and queens, rescuing kids and climbing up and down lots of ladders.

Wait... I'm thinking of the Mega Drive game.
                      Har HAr, thats so true, the videos games were much more entertaining than the film . . . . . . as far as action is concerned I guess. Even the amiga conversion was half decent for a change.

Comment

The Sky News Youtube clip looks to have been made private now but IGN have reported on it saying it seems to confirm that this film is going to go ahead and disregard Alien 3 and Resurrection as canon and instead pick up Ripley at the end of Aliens giving us a new finale for the character

Comment

Well disregarding 3 and especially 4 will allow them to ignore some of the sillier aspects of the... oh, hang on...

Comment

Im all for the above stuff as long as its a suit. Something more sophisticated than a power loader that makes her more badass going up against the Xenomorph. If its Ripley becoming some kind of clone hybrid again then count me out.

Comment

Makes you wonder how long it will be until a Star Wars fan decides it's time to ignore the prequel trilogy and give Vader a proper back story.

Comment

well its been 18 years since Alien 4 but only 10 years since ROTS so we'll have to wait a bit more. In fact some muddah chukka should kickstarter it.

Comment

Working...
                                X