No announcement yet.

Alien VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Scott doesn't know a good script from a bad one this long into his career, I don't think we can count on him learning from mistakes.

Comment

I am a fan of Prometheus, but if i'm objective....Scott might not have made a good movie since 2003....i've not actually seen Matchstick Men myself....i've seen all the sh*t since.

Exodus was a laff but a bit crud.

I own American Gangster and have watched it 3 times, it must be so anodyne I can't recall what happens in it.

Comment

The man is a stunning visual director and always has been. He can take any script and make a gorgeous-looking movie. He can take a great script and make a masterpiece. It's just unfortunate that he does seem to be let down by poor scripts recently. I reckon Prometheus is one of the best looking movies in the last ten years. I hate it because the characters are totally stupid and the writing is atrocious but it is one of my favourite films from a visual perspective.

I don't know enough about Blomkamp's movies to have an opinion that I could stand by but I get the impression that I wouldn't trust him to make a great movie even from a great script.

Comment

Completely agree on Prometheus, I put the Bluray on because it's amazing, some of the actual film content is woeful, and could do with a directors cut - prefer some of the deleted scenes to what was left in like the end battle between Elizabeth and the Engineer and her end exchange with David.

I'm a big fan of Blomkamp's work though expect this to turn out as decent mere fan service other than anything original.

Comment

The Pulse Rifle is returning!

Comment

Good

tbh, all NB would've needed is Sigourney Weaver with a flame thrower and Michael Beihn holding a pulse rifle via a kickstarter campaing

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Scott might not have made a good movie since 2003....i've seen all the sh*t since.
                The martian is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                  The martian is excellent.
                  Indeed, have since seen that and it's great, bollocks to my theory heh.

Comment

Link-me-do!

The guy who designed the space helmets on both Prometheus and The Martian was at my work yesterday.

He presumably knows Kevin Bacon.

Comment

This on hold because of Ridley.... Argh!

I suppose Fox want to make sure Prometheus 2 does well before handing over a budget to blomkampf.

Annoyed🙅

Comment

Thing is, if Prometheus 2 does really well, won't they want a Prometheus 3 next?

Comment

Looking forward to covering this. FOXNEXT AND PURE IMAGINATION STUDIOS PARTNER TO TRANSPORT GUESTS INTO THE ALIEN UNIVERSE WITH ALIEN: DESCENT, A FREE-ROAMING VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE Recruit your squad starting on April 26, ALIEN Day, at Outlets at Orange in Orange County LOS ANGELES, CA (April 18, 2018) – Pure Imagination Studios and FoxNext

Comment

Six new shorts inbound for the 40th anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Six new shorts inbound for the 40th anniversary

Comment

The “Alien” franchise seems dormant for now. With Ridley Scott’s proposed “Alien: Awakening” cut down following the failure of “Alien: Covenant,” talk of a direct “Aliens” sequel completely dead, and the franchise now under the heel of family-audience centric Walt Disney Pictures – the xenomorphs are likely to go extinct right as the franchise hits […]

Ridley Scott says the only way you can make more Alien is to continue to alter it away from the original film, he effectively dismisses all the sequels he didn't make including Cameron's direct sequel.

Comment

Working...
                                X