Dissidia Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissidia Arcade

Some rumors in the SF5 thread regarding SE and Capcom making a new fighting game, no idea if Capcom have their fingers in this but we're getting a Dissidia for the arcades (and likely home port at some point)

Trailer starts with in game stuff, where the ending to D12 happens (the hillside to the FFI ending) and introduces a FFXIV character.

Always found these games to have as much depth as a puddle. Not even good fanservice.

Comment

I would disagree on both counts, especially the fanservice bit. Gameplay, well you either like these GundamVs like games enough to figure out the systems to play against humans, or just feel like a badass beating down the A.I.(which will get boring), depth is there if you go looking for it, though that said it has problems that I hope will get fixed like the length of the matches and assist strategies getting King of Fighters style broken when abused.

Why do you think the fanservice is not good?

Comment

Yeah. Looks like Gundam VS. I just tried the demo on the PS3. Was sort of meh...

Comment

I'd lap this right up on PS4

Comment

Yeah a home port they could take my money now.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
              Yeah. Looks like Gundam VS. I just tried the demo on the PS3. Was sort of meh...
              I struggle to comprehend this. It's like saying "it looks like one of the best games ever - sort of meh".

Gundam Vs Extreme is one of the best games of last gen, and that whole series has had some superb games.

If this is anything like the old Dissidia games, it'll be pretty good; I loved them. I'm still surprised Squaresoft never did a "big console" version, only PSP ones.

Comment

Team Ninja, creator of Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden, is making a Dissidia Final Fantasy game for Square Enix.Square E…

Out late this year, made by Team Ninja, set up to be DLC friendly in future, not coming to console till late 2016 at the earliest.

Comment

The character models look so strange... Really lacking in detail.

Comment

They also announced Ramza from tactics as new playable fighter.

Comment

Well I'm really glad the lighting model is different on the PS4 and all the extra effects bring it to life a little bit more. Character models look inconsistent, some of them look like they were lifted out of FMV from their games (looking at your WoL and Terra!). Arcade version just looks incredibly flat?

Game looks really chaotic.

Comment

Working...
                      X