Neo geo aes repairs and modding ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo geo aes repairs and modding ?

Hello I picked up a neo geo and it won't power on . Does anyone know of any good places to get it repaired fairly cheaply ?

Thank you

Comment

What is wrong with it?

Comment

It just won't power in , that's all I can tell .

Comment

Are you using the right power supply?

Neo either use 5V or 9V depending on the revision, as I recall.

Comment

Just using the one that came with it . Can you use a standard power pack with multiple volts and connections on an aes ?

Comment

Of course. Make sure you set it properly of course.

Comment

Best to ask on assembler games yesteryeargames there is a lot better repair forum on there with lots of knowledge, the retro thread here is a bit dead here these days.

Comment

I feel that's fairly insulting to some of the expertise we have on this site S3M. People like Speedlolita may be young, but he has an understanding of the intricacies of the 16-bit era systems few have. I can state for fact that he's the best modifier/repairer I've ever worked with.

Comment

It is fair advice if the issue extends beyond the power supply being wrong.

PRO-POW would indicate this earlier console wants a 5V power supply, latter machines would want a 9V power supply.

Of course, like the AES I purchased faulty, it could just be cracked solder on the power jack. There should be a small LED on the motherboard and if not you could use a multimeter to check if there is continuity between the jack and the rest of the board when powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      I feel that's fairly insulting to some of the expertise we have on this site S3M. People like Speedlolita may be young, but he has an understanding of the intricacies of the 16-bit era systems few have. I can state for fact that he's the best modifier/repairer I've ever worked with.
                      You appear to have taken my advise the wrong way Colin, at no point was I insulting speedlolita and his knowledge of the NEO GEO. I'm just saying that assembler games has a lot more posters these days with more advise overall, I know speedlolita posts on assembler games as well so he could also help over there as well.

Even I'm find it far better to post hardware issues over at assembler games these days as you get a lot more reply and feedback to the problem.
                      Last edited by S3M; 21-02-2015, 12:55.

Comment

I was drunk as a fart when I came in last night S3M, I don't even remember posting that, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I was drunk as a fart when I came in last night S3M, I don't even remember posting that, sorry!
                          Haha, no worries Colin.

Comment

Hi everyone

I bought a new power pack

I plugged it all in and put in a game cart and I get this screen

I have tried cleaning the carts with a Nes cleaning kit and I have tried several different games , all have this red glitchy screen

I get this blue purple screen with no cart inserted

Would anyone be willing to take a look and repair this for me please ?
                            Last edited by yesteryeargames; 25-02-2015, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
                            X