The Conveni or ザ・コンビニ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Conveni or ザ・コンビニ

I found out about some kind of convenience store simulator for a range of consoles today; and I wonder are there any English translations out there for any of them? I really fancy giving them a go.

I haven't found any translations for them. They are pretty text heavy but you might be able to fumble through them. They use a lot of kanji which makes things difficult.

Comment

ahh okay, thank you. I barely understand the concept behind the game, so fumbling might detract from the overall experience. Is Kanji in Japanese games becoming more common?

Comment

Kanji is always in games (the complicated letter characters you see in the video) and is the hardest of the Japanese alphabets to learn and decipher. If it had used the much simpler hiragana and you had the inclination, you could fairly easily look up what each word means and have some understanding of what's going on. You could do that with kanji but it would be a nightmare if you don't understand the concepts behind the language and alphabet.

Comment

The Bossa Nova BGM in that game is great.

Comment

Here's a video clip of the DS game

I don't think much as changed since the PS1 game, so 600yen will let you play it if you're that interested. But as chopeman says, if you can't read it you can't enjoy it.
            And I've always found games easier with kanji anyway, just try playing pokemon without kanji and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Working...
            X