No announcement yet.

Can somebody lend me ?26,000 please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just saw it. it's missing the manual - which is worth 1k on it's own!

Comment

Pitty the N64 only has about 8 good games worth owning.
      Last edited by ExMosquito; 01-03-2015, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by ExMosquito View Post
        Pitty the N64 only has about 8 good games with owning.
        Well, it's a Nintendo console. The GameCube, Wii and WiiU are pretty much the same, in that they have a core of high quality titles then everything else is mid-to-dross (well, apart from the WiiU, which seems to have a core of titles then, like, 5 other games).

Personally I find the N64 very difficult to go back to due to the blurriness of some of the games. There are plenty of titles which are still fun today, like Mario 64, but no-one's queuing up to play Vigilante-8.

Comment

What are the rarest/most expensive N64 games, exactly?
          Last edited by danholo; 01-03-2015, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
            What are the rarest/most expensive N64 games, exactly?
            Like most truly "rare" titles I've seen, I suspect they're a bunch of poor titles that are distinguished only by being rare.

I once heard that for the GameCube, one of the most expensive titles was the PAL version of "Alias", because it never saw a release and only a few copies were printed. The game's out and 20p on PS2 and Xbox but somehow worth a ****load on GC.

Comment

Either expensive and/or rare, my expertease only goes on Jpn stuff i have not much idea about US/Pal

Bomberman 64 (not baku bomberman)
              Bangaioh
              Puyo puyon party
              Pretty much all the 64DD games

Not huge amounts of really hard to get games for N64 unless you are really wanting mint copies as nowdays it's pretty hard to find boxes that haven't been mangled to death.

Comment

I've found the Japanese Bomberman 64 and Nushi Tsuri 64 Shiokaze ni Notte to be some of the most difficult to find, although even those are not worth large amounts. There is a small handful of Japanese games that are very hard to find but worth almost nothing, such as Nintama Rantarou 64. I'm not too sure on the US and PAL rarities, but I think they're mostly Blockbuster and Australia exclusives like Clayfighter 64 Sculptor's Cut, Snowboard Kids 2, etc. The most valuable games are actually pretty common, they're just overpaid for by idiots, such as Paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day, etc.

There are way more than 8 worthwhile games for the N64, btw. Just the games by Nintendo and Rare account for about forty 10/10 classics, not to mention many hidden gems by less well-known devs. To suggest otherwise is trolling of the laziest kind.

Comment

I agree, for me there is around 30 or so N64 games that i still love, but if he is selling over 500 games, god knows what you would get, there must be some real terrible ones in there, but the N64 will always hold a special place for me after importing one in when it came out and playing 3d mario, wow. still my most memorable memory in gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    He's missing the dance mat for Disney DDR. Maybe [emoji14]

I didn't let the entire page load, does he also have the Mario/photo image software?

@Kryss - I'll probably be selling my N64DD stuff soon enough. Although I know what those titles are worth so... you would probably still need a loan
                    I'd love a DD just for the F-Zero expansion.

Comment

You'd think it would be worth it to spend the money simply to save yourself the years it would take to amass such a collection yourself. But surely the only worthwhile aspect of such a collection is the journey of having acquired each piece yourself? I don't believe anybody with a complete collection is interested in actually playing most of them (although if I were to believe that of any system, it would be the N64), so if it's not the massive challenge involved and it's not playing the games that is the draw, what is? Simply having them all in your possession? The only thing I can think of is what he mentions in the auction: an investment. If you look at the price increases over the past 10 or 15 years for Nintendo items, this is an interesting option for somebody with this kind of cash lying around (and who wants to enjoy the rarities in the meantime); there's a good chance it will be worth a hell of a lot more in the near future. The problems are whether this insane price increase is going to continue unabated, and the presumably considerable trouble of finding a buyer for a complete collection when you finally do decide to sell it on. There are seemingly plenty of people out there with more money than sense though; just last year some loon paid two million pounds for the first ever Superman comic, and this month some mental case paid 200 million for a Gauguin painting that looks like a piece of GCSE coursework. The N64 collection seems both cheap and level-headed in comparison.

Comment

I have 22 N64 games that I wouldn't part with, but I don't think there are any more I want. Still a decent amount and far more than I have for any other console. If I had kept my Dreamcast collection, that would have been a lot bigger (there would have been a similar amount just for shmups!)

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                          If you look at the price increases over the past 10 or 15 years for Nintendo items, this is an interesting option for somebody with this kind of cash lying around (and who wants to enjoy the rarities in the meantime); there's a good chance it will be worth a hell of a lot more in the near future.
                          True. It's a bit like those people who buy crates of a particular wine, never intending to open them but rather sell them in 10 years.

Comment

I agree with Noobish too.

There's no thrill of the chase and there's no joy of playing (the games are either pap or you want to keep it MIB), so you either want them all for bragging rights or you want to sell it all on again later.

Remember when playing games was about playing games?!

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with the hobby of collecting games, even if you don't play them. It's a hobby in and of itself. My mum collects antique plates but she doesn't eat off them.

I don't really 'get' buying full collections though. As you guys say, surely the fun is in the chase? In fact, in observing collectors on here and on other forums over the years, the pattern seems to be to collect, then sell shortly after completing the collection (I mean we've all seen Colin et al do this tons of times). Once the thrill of the chase is gone, unless you have piles of cash and room to hoard stuff in, you may as well get the equity out of your collection and invest it into the fun of collecting for another system.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                                You'd think it would be worth it to spend the money simply to save yourself the years it would take to amass such a collection yourself. But surely the only worthwhile aspect of such a collection is the journey of having acquired each piece yourself? I don't believe anybody with a complete collection is interested in actually playing most of them (although if I were to believe that of any system, it would be the N64), so if it's not the massive challenge involved and it's not playing the games that is the draw, what is? Simply having them all in your possession? The only thing I can think of is what he mentions in the auction: an investment. If you look at the price increases over the past 10 or 15 years for Nintendo items, this is an interesting option for somebody with this kind of cash lying around (and who wants to enjoy the rarities in the meantime); there's a good chance it will be worth a hell of a lot more in the near future. The problems are whether this insane price increase is going to continue unabated, and the presumably considerable trouble of finding a buyer for a complete collection when you finally do decide to sell it on. There are seemingly plenty of people out there with more money than sense though; just last year some loon paid two million pounds for the first ever Superman comic, and this month some mental case paid 200 million for a Gauguin painting that looks like a piece of GCSE coursework. The N64 collection seems both cheap and level-headed in comparison.
                                The gaugain painting was bought by the Qatari Emir. 200 million for him is 10 bucks to most of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X