This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Things that Irk You: Episode V

As the previous thread is reaching it's end thanks to a Star Wars fuelled debate, this seemed the fitting way to begin the new thread.

I'll start us off with this sad realisation. That this man, not for lack of ability or willingness, will never be the new presenter of Top Gear

He's a god damned legend.

I LOVED EMPIRE BEST MOVIE EVER...GORDON'S ALIVE!?

*ahem*

Flying blind on a rocket cycle??

Comment

Just discovered that the American Hall at IWM Duxford is closed.

Comment

Not been there in decades...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Not been there in decades...
          Never been there, was planning a trip on my birthday; I'll revert to the RAF museum, that has new displays. But no A-10 or SR-71...sigh.

Comment

My dad had a friend who lived pretty close to there so I'd been a few times, but was probably about 7 or 8 so don't remember much sadly.
            School wifi is flip-flopping on and off on my tablet, spoiling both my game of Star Wars Commander and my listing to Calm Radio.

Comment

Always misplacing the ****ing Vita. Never find the one I want when I want it.

Comment

Mobile phones.

Wanted a 64gb iPhone 5s as didn't like the size of the 6. Not made anymore. So ended up with a 128gb iPhone6 as the 64 was out of stock.

Just find it too big. 5 was a perfect hand size, why the f do people want tablet size devices in their pockets now???

Comment

You'll get used to it fella. The pron looks bigger on your screen.

Comment

Well if your biggest irk is getting a new iPhone, your day can't have been that bad

Comment

First world problems eh. Just don't see the need for tablet sized devices becoming the norm. If I want a tablet, I'd buy a tablet.

Lovely device though the 6. Just a tad oversized for one handed operation for my liking.

Comment

You'll get used to it - I moved from an iPhone 4 (3.5" screen) to a Nexus 5 (5" screen) and initially it irritated me I couldn't reach every part of the screen easily with one hand.

I've now had it about 18 months and there is absolutely no way I'd get a phone with a screen less than 4.7" (iPhone 6 size) now. It doesn't seem awkward at all after a short time and the added screen space gives everything, especially websites, much more room to breathe.

I wouldn't really call 4.7" tablet size anyway 6 - 7" and up maybe.

Comment

I ordered some glasses online and paid ?10 for expedited delivery, how have they been sent? Second Class post. Great I'll just be using my crappy spares for a while longer eh

Comment

The tight gits, there is hardly anything in the price between second and first class postage nowadays. Someone did tell me all letters get processed at the same speed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                              The tight gits, there is hardly anything in the price between second and first class postage nowadays. Someone did tell me all letters get processed at the same speed anyway.
                              I have never noticed a difference when sending stuff at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X