Lego Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego Dimensions

We're reaching the ultimate level of branding synergy here. Toys became games became toys became game toys as Lego and WB cashes in on the whole Infinity/Skylanders/Amiibo market.

Out on September 29 for between ?90 and ?100, this is exactly what you think it is. Expansion sets cost ?30 each with the first being based on BTTF. To me this pretty much negates the need for TT to make any other Lego games, doing both makes one or the other irrelevant and at that insane rrp this is the one to skip.

Part of the joy is the figures I know, but with Lego its cheaper just to ebay an actual Lego figure of the character you want.

Why bother? The game will be yet another f*#ked up glitch fest just like the last load. Seriously, I've bought 5 or 6 Lego games by TT from the Wii to the 360 and the Xbox One and they are always the same game and always full of game breaking bugs.

Comment

As a lego fan and someone who has purchased many a Skylander vinyl figure I can't see the value in this. the starter pack is ?100 quid, which I found astounding it's ?40 more than its rivals, the ?30 expansion packs that gets you one mini figure and two very small models is crazy.

When travellers tales have been cramming masses of content into lego games where half the fun is collecting the set of figures for the game I don't see how charging ?15 for one mini figure is going to play out.

Comment

I think this will disappoint people a bit, because it doesn't do what I expected it would do when I heard about it - use some kind of sensor technology to allow you to build something out of special lego bricks (like a racecar), then put that on a pad and import it into a video-game.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        As a lego fan and someone who has purchased many a Skylander vinyl figure I can't see the value in this. the starter pack is ?100 quid, which I found astounding it's ?40 more than its rivals, the ?30 expansion packs that gets you one mini figure and two very small models is crazy.
        Maybe; but then I thought the same thing about Skylanders and their ilk; that it was so much more expensive than something like trading cards or stickers that only the wealthier kids could afford it; basically like the videogame equivalent of Games Workshop. Now both have done well, and I stand corrected - also surprised.

I can only assume the success of both brands has been getting more parents into it than would admit it, especially for Disney, as something to do with their kids (and provide a forum for generational interaction; i.e. the people my parents' age play as Maleficent and Mickey, the people my age play as Aladdin and Ariel and the kids play as Elsa and Rapunzel).

Comment

i think the thing that's gonna be difficult is that a blind bag mini figure is ?2.50 even licensed stuff like the Simpson's isn't priced at a premium, so asking parents to cough up 12.50 more is always going to be a hard sell, minifigures have a percieved cost and that cost is nowhere near ?15. Disney and Skylander figures fall more into the action figure size and price band and cost about ?8-?10 I justify them by comparing them to Starwars's figures as they are similar price, and size.

Comment

Lego has published official images of its Portal 2, Doctor Who and The Simpsons level packs for the upcoming Lego Dimen…

List of expansion playsets now includes:

-Back to the Future
            -Jurassic World
            -The Simpsons
            -Scooby Doo
            -Doctor Who
            -Portal 2

Comment

All very popular choices. But I'd prefer just normal Lego sets based on those.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-portal-2-sets

List of expansion playsets now includes:

-Back to the Future
                -Jurassic World
                -The Simpsons
                -Scooby Doo
                -Doctor Who
                -Portal 2
                ?180 worth of DLC there on top of a ?110 game

The total cost of all the level packs comes in at ?360 at present and that's without even taking into account the figure booster packs, well done Lego as there seems to be a lot of hype behind this and if its a standard travellers tales Lego style game they have just turned a ?40 game into a game that could end up costing a few hundred pounds to each parent.

Comment

Lego Dimensions, Traveller's Tales' toys-to-life merging of various Lego brands in one colossal package, has announced …

Travellers Tales has released the voice cast for Lego Dimensions and it's pretty awesome.

Comment

I reckon they've got me by the short and curlies. Some of the announced packs (Mr. Stay Puft) are irresistible to me, and I would be too frustrated having the pack without the game.

It may be bobbins. I think my daughter will play it with me though.

Comment

I guess nobody else is interested in this?

I picked up the PS3 starter pack w/ BTTF, and I want to get one more pack, but would like recommendations on what to go for.

(Note - I haven't played it yet as I intend to play exclusively with my daughter, and she leads a busy life lol)

I'm leaning towards the Simpsons or Scooby-doo. Simpsons has more appeal for the game content/voice cast but I don't like the physical Lego toys as much. Everyone says Portal 2 is a must-buy, but I have never played any of that game series so it would be lost on me.

Jurassic Park and Wizard of Oz are also appealing for the open world levels, but I don't want the Lego very much.

Comment

I had a look the other day and the sets look awesome. But the cost versus what they contain ruled them out for me, to be honest. I haven't done the Skylanders or Infinity thing and I like the idea but, due to the cost, I'm more likely to give Infinity a go.

Comment

Working...
                        X