Mad Max: Furiosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Max: Furiosa

A few weeks ago filmmaker George Miller was reluctant to speak about further adventures in his “Mad Max” film series, but all the stunning reviews and healthy box-office for “Mad Max: Fury Road” seems to have changed the Australian filmmaker’s tune. Whilst nothing has been announced regarding a fifth entry in the series, Miller revealed […]

Following the long road that MM4 took to get onto the big screen, George Miller has been reluctant to talk about stepping back out into Max's world despite Tom Hardy confirming he's signed up for another three films.

The box office for the opening weekend has just rolled in and the film peeked over the $100m mark, not enough to match the films budget yet but brisk enough to keep questions coming about the potential for a fifth entry. Miller seems to have finally spoken up and revealed that a screenplay exists for the film, developed thanks to the heavy delays experienced with Fury Road.

Currently the fifth films title is Mad Max: The Wasteland
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-03-2020, 07:31.

George Miller has been doing promotional interviews in recent weeks for the Blu-ray/DVD release of the Summer’s most acclaimed film “Mad Max: Fury Road”. It’s well known that in fifteen or so years he had to prepare ‘Fury Road,’ he planned out the film enough for at least one if not two more sequels. Appearing […]

Miller has confirmed that he has two completed scripts which would likely end up as MM5 and MM6 and is discussing with the studio which to make next.

Comment

I wonder if Tom Hardy will actually star in this one?

Comment

Okay so you think they might have the focus on Furiosa or the world Mad Max is set in?

Given the richness of the characters in the last one, I'm up for that.

Comment

Yeah I'd watch another one.

Comment

I'm assuming we'll get more focus on Max in the next film. Not expecting Furiosa to appear at all as her story was pretty much finished in FR and Theron didn't get on with Hardy.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a similar thing in the next one though - Max helping someone else who has their own goals while he just gets swept up for the ride. Seems to be his way.

Comment

Miller adds to the sentiment that Theron won't be returning

Comment

It would be right for the the series that the next one is a whole new story with whole new characters and no tie into the previous one. That is the way each Max film has worked. But I wonder, given how popular she was, if the studio will put huge pressure on him to get her into the next one.

Comment

I doubt she'll want to return considering she had to shave her head and Hardy was in character treating her harshly on set (apparently)

I need to see it again as there was so much to take in last time. Visually stunning and inventive, wouldn't mind a tad more character depth next time, dare I say maybe a tad more gun action? I know the MM franchise is normally car chase based one but still . . . it would be nice if near the end of the next movie Max stumbles upon a hidden stockpile of weapons. Scarce resources in a post apocalyptic future is a nice plot device too . . .

Comment

Retro Fury Road

Comment

George Miller is well aware that pretty much every quote he has offered about a follow-up to “Mad Max: Fury Road” in interviews has been picked up and analyzed to death by various media outlets. As a result, he’s now being more cautious about what he says regarding a fifth film in the “Mad Max” […]

Miller says they're still planning this, Hardy will return and the Wasteland title is gone

Comment

After a change of heart it seems the dream may be over, Miller now says he's done making Mad Max films

Comment

I'd happily take another Mad Max movie from Miller but I'd be okay to let it go out on a high with Fury Road. But I'd rather not see it just become some franchise where other people are just plugged in to deliver product.

Comment

Earlier this week came quotes from an interview with “Mad Max: Fury Road” director George Miller who seemed to suggest he was done with the franchise and had no plans to direct any further films in the series. The quote seemed strange. Miller had previously expressed desire to shoot another and much smaller film first […]

Turns out he was misquoted and was simply reiterating that MM5 wouldn't be one of his next films.

Today, Fury Road was nominated for a whopping 10 Oscars

Comment

Working...
                              X