Mission Impossible VI: Fallout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Impossible VI: Fallout

Could a sixth film in the “Mission: Impossible” series already be in the works? The Tracking Board reports that Paramount is wasting no time in keeping the momentum of its “Mission: Impossible” franchise going with a follow-up to this coming July’s fifth film “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation” said to already be in development. Early […]

Paramount was so enamoured by what it saw of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation during filming that it wasted no time moving the film forwards months to a summer release. Speculation has emerged that they're keen enough that they're already lining up a sixth entry into the franchise.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-01-2018, 06:15.

A franchise famous for its leisurely pacing between entries is not letting its recent resurgence of vitality go to waste. With the fourth film “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol” becoming a massive worldwide box-office success in 2011, and this week’s “Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation” not only garnering rave reviews but expected to score the series’ […]

This could be out as soon as 2017 it seems

Comment

Following on from Tom Cruise’s comments a few days ago, Paramount Pictures vice chairman Rob Moore has confirmed the recent announcement that a sixth film in the “Mission: Impossible” series is in the works. Moore tells Variety: “We’re very happy to be developing this movie with Tom. There’s no question that Ethan Hunt deserves another […]

Paramount has confirmed it's officially coming

Comment

Not long ago came word that filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie was in talks to write and direct the upcoming sixth film in the “Mission: Impossible” film franchise. The report was quite believable – McQuarrie penned and directed this past Summer’s “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation” which scored the best critical notices of the franchise and has […]

Christopher McQuarrie is confirmed to be the first director to return to directing duties on a MI film, having been locked in to return for M:I6

Comment

One of the breakthrough performances of the year came from one of the most unexpected places – a blockbuster action film. “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation” nabbed the best reviews of the franchise thus far, and amongst all the praise it was actress Rebecca Ferguson’s turn as Isla Faust that had most people talking. Today, […]

Looks like Rebecca Ferguson has signed on for M:I6 helping her be the one to overcome the female lead revolving door approach the series has adopted so far.

Comment

Cruise is getting a bit old for all of this, while Rogue Nation was great. He seemed... so... tired. It was strange.

Comment

Really I wish tom cruise would piss off.

Comment

I really enjoyed Rogue Nation, sorry Kit!

I found it better than SPECTRE, if I'm honest.

Comment

It's not that he's awful it's the fact he keeps doing these (six of them) while buying roles in other films that have a similar theme; Jack Reacher, Collateral.

Those roles should have gone to other actors.

Feel the same about him doing Edge of Tomorrow and Oblivion - great stories ruined by his casting.

Comment

He was great in those last two. I do agree that Mission Impossible seems to be a poor fit these days.

Comment

I think we're all thinking the same thing, then.

Cruise isn't a bad actor, he's very good, but he's bigger than any film he's in now and it's hard to see his characters, rather than Tom Cruise in Space, Spy Cruise, Assassin Cruise and so on.

In Edge of Tomorrow, I liked how he started off as a cowardly ass, and in Collateral, he was pretty ruthless.

That's always the case, unfortunately. Films like The Blair With Project Worked because the actors were unknowns and people genuinely thought something had happened to them, but movies always fare better when there's a big, well-known name at the top of the poster.

Authors can use pseudonyms to write in a different style without any baggage or expectations, but unless you're Johnny Depp and his never ending box of fancy dress costumes, it's tricky for an actor to be somebody else.

Or the Smeagle guy.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Authors can use pseudonyms to write in a different style without any baggage or expectations, but unless you're Johnny Depp and his never ending box of fancy dress costumes, it's tricky for an actor to be somebody else.
                        I'm suddenly reminded of Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I'm suddenly reminded of Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.
                          Or Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder!

Comment

Three of the cast of the sixth “Mission: Impossible” film – Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg and Henry Cavill – are reportedly set to appear on Graham Norton’s talk show on Friday night in the UK, meaning the film’s first trailer launch could take place online soon after (Friday mid-morning in the US). Ahead of that, […]

M:I6 has a final title and it's Mission Impossible: Fallout

A trailer is expected during Super Bowl next Sunday

Comment

Taking more of an earth tone this time comes the first trailer for Fallout

Comment

Working...
                              X