No announcement yet.

Retro VGS, a new cartdirge-based console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Yakumo. Jag was mediocre at best with no games that said "buy me".

Comment

The TREASURE series will be even more limited than the LEGEND series. When will these people learn?
      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-05-2015, 05:56.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        It looks like a Pakistani Megadrive.

Going in for the ban eh?
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's OK, he's Indian. Like, super Indian. Look:

I'm Indian.

Like, super Indian.

If I was a Japanese energy drink I'd be called Indo-Max.

Comment

b_k can you correct the typo in the subject line please, OCD Tuesday

Comment

I think the correct spelling in this case might be "cartdirge"!

Comment

Disregarding what the console this looks like.. let's see what it delivers eh?

Smacks of failure though.

Comment

I don't see what the point of this console is - PC, PS4, Bone and WiiU are more than capable of delivering 2D games. Surely any indie developer making anything of any quality would want to reach the widest audience possible and would develop for one or more of those platforms.

All this has going for it is that you get the games on a cartridge. But when the machine itself looks that naff, how naff are the cartridges going to look?

Just seems to be nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia.

Comment

Maybe it's a Jaguar because they got hold of the mold/template/whatever for cheap?
                    It's not actually even the Jaguar mould per se, but the mould used for the dental equipment produced in the late 90s.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

So what is it exactly ? One of those machines that's plays all carts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                        So what is it exactly ? One of those machines that's plays all carts ?
                        nope they have to make exclusive games for it...and that is where i think the issue is. They need games to sell the system but i cannot see many developers wanting to invest time and money into something where the sales will be limited. Though if they were to make a system like the retron 5 but covers more systems and is better then i think they could be onto something

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I think the correct spelling in this case might be "cartdirge"!
                          Done.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            but i cannot see many developers wanting to invest time and money into something where the sales will be limited.
                            And smaller number of carts produced will mean higher production costs, and carts aren't cheap to begin with, unless they will quickly release an Everdrive or something able to read flash memories...thus making the console's premise redudant.

Comment

retron 5 looks fugly, but a great retro system .

It only looks like that for the master system adapter 1 ?

Comment

The Retron 5 uses emulation so I don't think it's actually much cop. Like, it's fine, but you might as well use a PC with USB pad adapters.

I genuinely do not see the point of this VGS thing. Who on earth will produce games for it? o_O

Comment

Working...
                                X