Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your ONE favourite one v one fighting series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm disappointed no one has chosen rise of the robots.

Comment

IK+. That is probably true... I love VF4 and Blazblue, but with the advancement in gameplay it introduces huge amounts of frustration and performance anxiety. IK+ was pure fun.

Edit - damn, I forgot that was three fighters at once, so doesnt count right? Then... VF4 Evo.

Comment

From a pure nostalgic point i'd pick super street fighter 2 doesen't matter on what system it is to be honest.

King of fighters 98 would probably be up their aswell but i can only pick one so yeah ssf 2 it is.

edit : if you would ask me next month it would mostlikely be something different
        Last edited by Kazumn; 02-06-2015, 11:35.

Comment

A toss up between Alpha 3 & Soul Calibur for me. Although i havn't played a 1v1 beat em up in years.

Comment

Series for me it was be the Samurai Shodown but my fav 1 on 1 fighter for all time is X-Men:COTA

Comment

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Loved it, the sheer memories the game has for me as a kid growing up is priceless. Hence, I'm always more excited for Mortal Kombat then any other game series. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I'm disappointed no one has chosen rise of the robots.

Someone came close:

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                I'm always more excited for Mortal Kombat then any other game series. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                  Someone came close:

well, you can't erase a whole childhood of memories!

Comment

I keep meaning to go back to Garou and KOF98 on my neo geo to do them justice...to my shame I only just found out about Just Defended in Garou, looks really nice.

Comment

The two fighters I have the best memories of playing are:

Street Fighter 2 Turbo[SNES]

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo[3DO]

Out of those two, the SNES game is my all-time favourite fighter. Capcom improved on the original in every area to make, by far, the best fighter for the machine. It's still a joy to play.

After that, I played the Tekken games, with Tekken 3 being a highlight that I played a lot. Then Soul Edge appeared and I got hooked on that.

An honourable mention must go to Soul Calibur[Dreamcast] which truly blew my mind back in 1999. A beautiful game with a great soundtrack and compelling gameplay. Namco did a brilliant job of showing why the Dreamcast was something special.

Comment

The one fighter I keep playing is sf2:ce but overall best memories are tied between tekken 3 ps1 (amazing port which people doubt could happen) and tekken tag on the ps2 (vastly improved port over the arcade original)

Comment

(amazing port which people doubt could happen)
                          I really don't get why people say that. Porting Model 2 and System 22 games to the Saturn and PS were a much harder task imo, rather than Tekken 3 which run on an improved PS chipset and tbh I don't think Tekken 3 looked or run as good as Last Bronx or VF II on the Saturn .

BTW sorry to go off on one

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I really wish I'd bought that PS2 Hokuto No Ken game. It looked proper bonkers!

Played this. It's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              I really don't get why people say that. Porting Model 2 and System 22 games to the Saturn and PS were a much harder task imo, rather than Tekken 3 which run on an improved PS chipset and tbh I don't think Tekken 3 looked or run as good as Last Bronx or VF II on the Saturn .

BTW sorry to go off on one
                              You really think Saturn VF2 looks better than PS1 Tekken 3?

That surprises me. Given, Saturn VF2 looks "clean", solid, high-res and the framerate is silky-smooth. It's a tremendous looking game and an amazing technical achievement.

Still, Tekken 3's visuals were amazing at the time. Less consistent, maybe, but the characters looked and moved wonderfully.

I've never actually seen the Saturn run Last Bronx so can't really weigh in on that.

Comment

VF2 is impressive no doubt but it's mainly stable frame rate and resolution. It's an exceptionally plain looking game compared to the detail seen in Tekken 3. I find VF2 rather flimsy in terms of connection feel too. Overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X