Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your ONE favourite one v one fighting series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't agree more Pikate, especially with the KOF games. The park stage in '99 is amazing when it gradually starts raining but I also really liked the Art of Fighting stage from '96 and Spain stage in '98.

Comment

Garou is on J-PSN as a PS2 archive title (playable on PS3) for ?1000.

KoF Nests (1999, 2000, 2001) is ?1200.

Comment

I don't think the top quality old 2d fighters will ever be beaten in the looks department, true art.

Comment

Or gameplay. Everything is dumbed down now. It's sad.

Comment

The first time I saw AoF on GamesMaster with the screen zooming in and out I was blown away. Same with the KoF games. I think my first was KoF '96. The day-night cycle was so cool and I imagined the fighters having a rest and a cuppa between rounds, unlike SF which felt like they'd jump back up, dust themselves off and start the next round.

I think those days are done and dusted so it's a good thing a lot of the art is timeless. These days I find 2D art is often too stylized and flat-looking or super-retro but closer to 8-bit. I liked SNK's idea for KoF XII of making 3D models and then drawing over them to speed up the process.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              YEah ! Never played this one.

Comment

There is one, to this day, I've always wanted to try, and it is mentioned in this thread, Hokuto No Ken First of the North Star Arcade/JPN PS2.
                Know nothing about the manga, but, I've always liked the look of the game, looks crazy sometimes in a good way...

Anyway share input on that one....

(Going to make sacrifices to make this happen I think)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  There is one, to this day, I've always wanted to try, and it is mentioned in this thread, Hokuto No Ken First of the North Star Arcade/JPN PS2.
                  Know nothing about the manga, but, I've always liked the look of the game, looks crazy sometimes in a good way...

Anyway share input on that one....

(Going to make sacrifices to make this happen I think)
                  It looks great in stills, but it isn't that great a game overall.

Comment

Thank You Asura. I've started a PS2 fighting Thread. I'm happy to buy a special treat fighter for around ?30...
                    but..i want it to blow me away...please feel free to post some recommendations in there for me mate

Edit - and indeed you already have - Thank You!

Comment

If you're not into Fist of the North Star, it's probably not worth getting. The fatalities are all references from the anime/manga.

I really enjoyed Ken's Rage for all that stuff.

I would like to play Hokuto No Ken, but not that much!

Just watch the video I posted of all the special moves, Shadow Dancer 💃 !

Comment

Working...
                      X