Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your ONE favourite one v one fighting series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your ONE favourite one v one fighting series?

Tekken? Streetfighter? One of the NEO GEO ones? Soul Calibur?

Doesn't have to be a series - if it was a one-off game, that's a perfectly valid choice.

Disclaimer: I'm looking to pick up some new retro games like this, so as well as trying to stimulate discussion, I'm also hoping for some suggestions.

I loved Streetfighter 2, but have struggled to get into any games since then. The Alpha series, 3 and 4 did nothing for me.

On the Playstation I loved both Tobal games, and at the time they would have been my picks. Not sure that they are as much fun as modern fighters now though.

So I suppose the Tekken series is my answer.

Fatal Fury for me, if you can pick it up from Fatal Fury Special onwards, it's so special, great characters, music especially, and back drops.

Real Bout Special is really the best one, amazing game.

Comment

Street Fighter II Ultra on the SNES, played it to death, bank breaking JPN import back in the day and still prefer a quick play on it to this very day than Xbox One Killer Instinct etc.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
        Street Fighter II Ultra on the SNES, played it to death, bank breaking JPN import back in the day and still prefer a quick play on it to this very day than Xbox One Killer Instinct etc.
        Is that Turbo / Hyper Fighting? Can't find anything about "Ultra".

Comment

My favourite ever fighting game is Capcom VS SNK on Dreamcast. I adore it and think it's the nearest to a perfect fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            My favourite ever fighting game is Capcom VS SNK on Dreamcast. I adore it and think it's the nearest to a perfect fighter.
            Great game, love the post modern aesthetic. Remember nearly weeing myself when i first popped it in the DC and witnessed the meteor intro.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Good shout. I think I even prefer it to the sequel.

Comment

The sequel had horrible music and backgrounds. Too many grooves and too many characters. The only improvement was you weren't locked into character ratio.

Comment

Capcom vs Snk is great. I did prefer Millionaire fighting tho....

I always have a soft spot for 3rd strike/Dreamcast...

Comment

Has to be either Street Fighter 2 the original or Virtua Fighter 4 Oh that feeling I used to get when playing them back in their hey day...

Comment

I'll join in on the CvS love. I'm about the get CvS Pro for Naomi on GD-ROM - then I'll hook up the Dreamcast unlock stuff

Comment

I've got the second one on PS3 via J-PSN and it's cool but I prefer the 2D backdrops and fight intros of the first game.

Comment

Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Street Fighter. Namely Hyper Fighting and Zero 2 Alpha. I'll always have love for 2X, but it's not as fun as the other two.

CvS2 is a way better game than the first one IMO.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Since Mark of the Wolves is by far and away my favourite one on one fighter, and the only one I still play regularly, I suppose I have to say the Fatal Fury series by default. Though if I'm being honest, apart from enjoying the RB games I couldn't really care about the rest of the games.

Comment

Working...
                              X