No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name itself suggests a new console, however we all know that it would be a practical impossibility these days for SNK to launch a console due to finances and the fact they are practically unknown these days. But it doesn't hurt to dream does it.

I think this will have some sort of online connectivity/store as they have said that a new Metal Slug will be coming for the system. Still got my fingers crossed anyway, however disappointing the current info is.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Looks really nice, Just would have liked to see more games and not all fighters.
      Yeah, I agree with this.

A lot of NG fighters are a short distraction at best, these days. (IMHO)

Comment

I'm a little confused why use it as a pad with the mini arcade the only reason to do this is the mini arcade has a larger library of games. it's very confusing as its an mini console in a full size joystick so limiting it to just fighting games is a big miss-step its like they don't know what they are doing.

Comment

Didn't they say they'd announce two new consoles/units, or am I imagining that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            I'm a little confused why use it as a pad with the mini arcade the only reason to do this is the mini arcade has a larger library of games. it's very confusing as its an mini console in a full size joystick so limiting it to just fighting games is a big miss-step its like they don't know what they are doing.
            I think it's nice, that one can hook it up to the Mini. You then have a nice little collection of games and what seems to be a lovely Arcade stick to play them. I just wish that there were more shooters, like for fighters, they're great with an Arcade stick.

This isn't meant for you, but the amount of negativity when anyone looks do make something retro is quite something else these days, more so when it comes to us lot; Who back in the day, used to think nothing of spending loads on an Arcade stick to play Street Fighter II. We've all turned into miserably old bastards LOL

Comment

i don't think people are being miserable the nes and snes mini did a great job of recreating the original hardware but with bells and whistle. Save states, rewind functionality, authentic feeling recreations of the old controller and decent output to modern tvs should be the bare minimum. The neo geo efforts so far have sat slightly above the AtGames sega console in that they don't quite get things right. The neo geo mini arcade got a lot of stick but it was a fun little system and i really like mine despite it not being perfect.

Id be happier if they focused on making this stick the definitive NeoGeo experience for modern Tv's, crisp output, rock solid emulation, a large library of games, and a control stick with decent quality arcade stick parts.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 10-09-2019, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                i don't think people are being miserable the nes and snes mini did a great job of recreating the original hardware but with bells and whistle. Save states, rewind functionality, authentic feeling recreations of the old controller and decent output to modern tvs should be the bare minimum. The neo geo efforts so far have sat slightly above the AtGames sega console in that they don't quite get things right. The neo geo mini arcade got a lot of stick but it was a fun little system and i really like mine despite it not being perfect.
                The screen I must say is rather good and the emu is rather well done too, it's way ahead of the trip, one gets with At Games. I like the Stick, it looks nice and in keeping with the classic Neo looks of the old CD joystick, but one needs to wait to see the build quality.
                Just would have liked to see more games and a mixture of shooters and fighters as I feel both those genres are made for Arcade sticks.

I loved to see SEGA follow and make an Astro Pro Saturn style stick with system 18 and ST-V games on it

Comment

I wouldn't hold one's breath.

Comment

I try to be positive about most things until they prove otherwise but I just wish this was one thing or another: Something genuinely new OR a razor sharp nostalgia-fest. This feels like a few ideas knocked together. it lacks focus for me.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                      I wouldn't hold one's breath.
                      I would tend to agree, but retro just seems so in 'vouge' at the mo, with aything from classic LP, films being released on VHS, Nike Air Max 90 back on sale ( I used wear them to school LOL) , Rebook Pump back.

One can but hope the likes of SEGA looks to make its own Arcade stick, if this sells well.

Comment

I actually quite like the form factor of it, hopefuly it has decent parts in it and has more to it than just 20 built in games, even if I'm doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I actually quite like the form factor of it, hopefuly it has decent parts in it and has more to it than just 20 built in games, even if I'm doubtful.
                          Would be just the job for your christmas box

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            I would tend to agree, but retro just seems so in 'vouge' at the mo, with aything from classic LP, films being released on VHS, Nike Air Max 90 back on sale ( I used wear them to school LOL) , Rebook Pump back.

One can but hope the likes of SEGA looks to make its own Arcade stick, if this sells well.
                            You never know, I suppose. Stranger things have happened. I don't think anyone saw the Capcom stick thing coming, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              Stranger things have happened.
                              Yup, three seasons in fact!!

Comment

I wonder if they'll make eleven?!one11!

Comment

Working...
                                X