Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could adapt Digital Stream now to immediately do that for news, I've long since stopped using the Netflix thread as it feels we're long past one streaming service requiring a dedicated thread when it's no longer the only game in town. None-streaming TV doesn't tend to get much discussion bar one or two key series like Walking Dead or Stranger Things so I could make DS a news thread going forward and then this the watch thread and avoid creating any show specific ones?

Comment

Personally, I like a TV news thread for posts about new series that have been commissioned or axed and then anything non-film can go in a "I've watched" thread.
      That includes Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+, iPlayer and DDplayer.

I made the last one up.

However, it's you who contributes most to them, so do it as you think is most suitable, mate!

Comment

The Magicians, on Prime. So.... It's an 18+ that at first glance would be a thing for teens. I'm enjoying this far more than I should. Guilty pleasure? Maybe, but the characters are hilarious and I can't wait to see what happens to them next. In a lot of TV series I get this feeling that it's all done to a budget and things play out in certain locations like warehouses and factories and stuff because it's super cheap to make the set. Here though it's more fantasy and everything is quite convincing because of it. There is some eye candy. There are some difficult topics approached. The plot is decent. Give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          In remembrance of The Moon being blasted out of Earth's orbit 20 years ago today, please stop and take a moment to listen to one of the best TV theme tunes ever recorded:

Gerry had some superb theme tunes;

...but the best...5...4...3...2...1...

Comment

Spiral is back this Saturday, new series (7).

Comment

Ok, I'm still recommending The Magicians on Prime. Cliff Hangers are reeling me in. I absolutely must see how things pan out. Even the "previously on The Magicians" recaps are sometimes works of art.

Lots of good tunes. One of the episodes has this version of Blondie's One way or another (by Until the ribbon breaks) which sounds like Pink Floyd covered it.

Comment

Why is no one else watching Hyperdrive (Netflix)?!

It's amazing! It's like a cross between Fast & Furious and Kickstart.
                A selection of drift racers from around the world take on a series of driving obstacles in a converted industrial site, eliminating the competition until the final.

I finished it last night (Ep10) and most episodes have some real drama in them as the racers take on the course and try to keep their cars running. Mistakes are made, triumphs are lauded and there's a great atmosphere of encouragement between the drivers.

In contrast, I watched S2E1 of Fastest Car and I've gone off the format after enjoying Hyperdive so much.
                This one has the premise of a bunch of "sleeper" cars take on a supercar, except one look at any of the sleepers would indicate it's been modified beyond recognition.

First episode had some ugly clunkers going against a Lamborghini Huracan Performante, which is a beautiful car, but the owner has an ugly soul. It makes for interesting telly, but what a horrible person.

Comment

Sounds awful

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Sounds awful
                    Hyperdrive is ace, but I made the mistake of binge-watching S1 of Fastest Car.
                    The format is interview, car, sob story, race.
                    A lot of the time, it's rednecks getting upset and claiming "I'm racing in honour of my brother who died racing" like they're immune to joining the Darwin Awards.
                    I found myself skipping to get the gist with the racer, what car they're racing and then skipping to the race.

Like the way you fast-forward your Betamax past the bits where Robin Askwith cleans windows, straight to the romp in the washing machine bubbles, VP.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Hyperdrive is ace, but I made the mistake of binge-watching S1 of Fastest Car.
                      The format is interview, car, sob story, race.
                      A lot of the time, it's rednecks getting upset and claiming "I'm racing in honour of my brother who died racing" like they're immune to joining the Darwin Awards.
                      I found myself skipping to get the gist with the racer, what car they're racing and then skipping to the race.

Like the way you fast-forward your Betamax past the bits where Robin Askwith cleans windows, straight to the romp in the washing machine bubbles, VP.
                      Eeeeeeee! Yer cheeky sod!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Eeeeeeee! Yer cheeky sud!
                        Fixed to pun

Comment

Hyperdrive looks wicked. Saw the trailer and we'll probably try it.

Binging on Luther right now. We're on series 3 and it's great, but every episode involves a woman getting killed while walking down a quiet street at night.

Comment

I liked Luther, but thought it got silly very fast.
                            He stopped doing any detecting before the end of the first season.

Comment

Yeah, it's a good watch but like Sherlock it's time they walked away from it now

Comment

That last series of Sherlock was piss-poor.

Comment

Working...
                                X