Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Does anyone else read the thread title like Cartman?

I love the way your brain works

Comment

Shenmue 3 will no longer be released in 2018, publisher Deep Silver has confirmed. In news which will surprise no one f…

Megaton!

Shenmue III delayed till TBC 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ease-this-year

Megaton!

Shenmue III delayed till TBC 2019

Comment

Shenmue 1+2 coming out for PS4 and XB1 in December has nothing to do with it of course.

Comment

Calling it now. Expect another delay come 2019. My pessimism for this has exploded beyond maximum level and is now firmly in

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Setting.

Comment

Weeeeeeelll, come on, it was only great because it was novel and amazing at the time. The time being 2000, 2001 for the sequel.

That's 17/18 years ago.

Any sequel will be weird and not appropriate.

Jump ship to Yakuza, it's been the noo Shenmue since '06.

I couldn't give a crap anymore about this. The only word I see is "Doubt", now, with a capital D.

Comment

So...when's the next Shenmue 3 opportunistic moneygrab Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  So...when's the next Shenmue 3 opportunistic moneygrab Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign happening?

There's always time for a money grab kickstarter campaign. After all how else is Yu-Suzuki going to fund his new revolutionary camera AND never before seen super duper super SUPER! normal mega wega texture technique! Its so good the new technique i've ran out of words to describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    There's always time for a money grab kickstarter campaign. After all how else is Yu-Suzuki going to fund his new revolutionary camera AND never before seen super duper super SUPER! normal mega wega texture technique! Its so good the new technique i've ran out of words to describe it.
                    To fleece this many patrons via crowdfunding takes AGES.

Comment

I’m glad it’s delayed, hopefully it’ll mean sorting out the character models. Hopefully they sort out the fan-art grade logo as well.

If the series had been conceived in 2017, it would probably have been created with photorealistic visuals as a goal. The first two games had graphics that were “realistic” within the limitations of cutting edge hardware at the time. It’s probably going to get raised eyebrows from reviewers who’ll complain that it belongs to another era. In that regard, I wonder if they’d have been better off doing a total visual refresh for 3, instead of maintaining a 1998 style with a new lick of paint.

Although for the fans, their direction is probably the right one. Anything else risks an emotional disconnect. The models they’re showing us look more and more like the characters we knew back then.

Comment

Lyris!

Comment

I wonder how many sales they’ll get from people who aren’t fans of the first two games or retro-inclined. Probably not too many. In that case, I think it would make sense to just appease the fans for now and not think too hard about attracting new blood.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          To fleece this many patrons via crowdfunding takes AGES.

Comment

Dogg THANG!

Comment

This will sell as well as Lostprophets CDs in charity shops.

Comment

Beyond that core fanbase a lot will depend on how much games site etc drum up passer by intrigue. They'd never pull that off for another game though so they really, really need to get making sequel after sequel out of their heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X