Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bang & Olufsen mx1500 & Mx4000 (Plus remote question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This bloody thread made me pursue another CRT.

I ended up with a PVM-20M4E, cost me ?20.

Comment

Sorry! Nice Image Though

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
        I spoke to the seller that had the MX1500 on ebay. He agreed to shipping via courier. I won the TV yesterday, is out for delivery tomorrow with YODEL24. I got it quite cheap, so if it don't work out, I can pass it on. (I think the screen size is approx. 15")
        The one I had needed a remote to select the scart input, so I bought one for around ?60(they are really expensive for some reason?) and then found out I didn't like the image.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Looks like a really nice image.

If I end up moving to a bigger house with space for a gaming room, I'll buy a really big Sony Trinitron. Hopefully one that isn't really old.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

http://i.imgur.com/sPaOlF6.jpg
          That PQ is banging. You still holding onto that other CRT monitor you have too?

Comment

I just adjusted the geometry of my 20M4E. I also rediscovered how to enable sound so I got a hell of a deal for ?20.

And yeah, I've still got my other CRT, as per this image: http://i.imgur.com/iKy6dNO.jpg

I absolutely love this 20M4E though, best display I've owned.

Aaand it is worth noting that the SNES in that shot is a 1chip SNES Mini, with a THS7314 mod and also a vertical line bar fix. Oh and an official GameCube cable...
            Last edited by speedlolita; 01-07-2015, 15:13. Reason: More stuff.

Comment

Hi Leon, may I ask what you didn't like about the Image? ...

Comment

Hi Leon, may I ask what you didn't like about the Image? ...
                The main thing I didn't like about the television is the curved screen. Apart from that, I thought the RGB image wasn't as sharp and vibrant as what I get on a good Sony Trinitron television. That's just my opinion based on owning Sony screens for decades and then finally getting a B&O.

Comment

I don't mind curved...but like you, I have had Seven Trinitrons, from 14" to 24" in the last decade or so and have thought the picture through RGB to be very vibrant, striking, and stunning. I just fancied a change, something easier to tate and a bit bigger than 14" (as that's all the room I have)
                  We'll see. Although the seller said the courier company didn't turn up Monday and I've heard nothing from him since..in all fairness, he has perfect feedback and is probably just busy.

Comment

Could be with me tomorrow *fingers crossed*

Comment

This is the set anyway....

Comment

Looks pretty small, screen size?

Comment

15" (MX1500) I'm sure that is what the seller said...I think google said the same too...

EDIT http://beophile.com/?page_id=1365

Tube size 15"
                          Viewable 14"

Comment

This is the set anyway....
                            It's similar to the one I had(BeoVision MX 4000) but smaller. The one I had was 20".

The reason I bought one, was because I think they are really cool looking televisions. It's just a shame that the screen is curved. If you don't mind(or even like) a curved screen, then it's worth having one, seeing they're cheap and far less bulky than a normal CRT television.

Comment

That's a tiny set Speeds! What's the screen size on the mini one?

Not seen that 'portable' B&O before either - I like it a lot.

Comment

The smallest one is 9".

It is over 12" deep though, haha. They also make a 6" one.

Also I could gush over how good the image is on my 20" display. It is stupid, just looks so vibrant!
                                Last edited by speedlolita; 02-07-2015, 17:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X