Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bang & Olufsen mx1500 & Mx4000 (Plus remote question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a CRT and also a nice n Megadrive. Speedlolita I blame you.

Comment

Everyone should have a CRT.

Comment

Not very good pix, but my B&O arrived and the good news is, I love it!
        Its definitely not got the vibrancy of a sony Trinitron, but it isn't that bad

Edit...trying pix again....

I'm struggling with uploads, here is one I took earlier anyway.
        Last edited by ShadowDancer; 02-07-2015, 20:44.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Everyone should have a CRT.
          not if you have a framemeister... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
            Not very good pix, but my B&O arrived and the good news is, I love it!
            Its definitely not got the vibrancy of a sony Trinitron, but it isn't that bad

Edit...trying pix again....

I'm struggling with uploads, here is one I took earlier anyway.
            looking great mate; glad you got sorted

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              not if you have a framemeister... ;-)
              They're okay, but a good PVM is still 10x better in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                They're okay, but a good PVM is still 10x better in my mind.
                i'd say they are abit better than ok - i'm abit late to the party but was gobsmacked with the image quality i was getting even getting from 480i sources. Crisp/stable image, perfect colours/motion/geometry, no detectable lag, all perfectly upscaled to 1080p. i was playing raiden dx in tate last night and it was amazing. Infact the 29" Trinitron beast is now going; thats how good it is. Will keep the smaller trinny in reserve though.

Comment

i'd say they are abit better than ok - i'm abit late to the party but was gobsmacked with the image quality i was getting even getting from 480i sources. Crisp/stable image, perfect colours/motion/geometry, no detectable lag, all perfectly upscaled to 1080p. i was playing raiden dx in tate last night and it was amazing. Infact the 29" Trinitron beast is now going; thats how good it is. Will keep the smaller trinny in reserve though.
                  That sounds a bit tasty!

Comment

You can't scale 480i to 1080p perfectly, and a PVM image is much better than a consumer retail set but clearly we have a difference of opinions on this matter. Either way, if you're happy with the image from the Framemeister then great - it's a quality bit of kit.

And yes, geometry will always be the bane of the CRT. Can't really compete against perfection!
                    Last edited by speedlolita; 03-07-2015, 13:20.

Comment

B&O pure sexiness but hasn't got the Trinitron image.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                        B&O pure sexiness but hasn't got the Trinitron image.
                        Not sure if you are still active here but I have a question about the Bang & Olufsen mx1500 I just picked one up yesterday for retro gaming. IT does not have a remote so know I need to get one. But when I turn iit on it just makes a buzzing noise no picture is that normal or is it faulty so I shoudn't even bother sourcing a remote?

thanks

Comment

I don't know much about B&O sets but I gather a remote is essential ... official ones are a fortune but you can get 3rd party ones cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            I don't know much about B&O sets but I gather a remote is essential ... official ones are a fortune but you can get 3rd party ones cheap.
                            you need the proper beo remote if you want to fiddle with the settings, the code for the service menu's didn't work with 3rd party one (well the one i tried). for all other functions it seemed to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X