Amazon.com "Import Fees Deposit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon.com "Import Fees Deposit"

Last week I ordered a HORI Fighting Commander 4 pad from P-A. Today I get an e-mail stating that they can't find one, so I get a refund.

It seems as if I have two options right now. Order one from an eBay seller (and risk customs) or buy one from Amazon.com, which ends up costing the same with this "Import Fees Deposit".

I feel how they describe it is a little unclear, so I'm wondering if I'll end up having to pay extra on top of this charge?

If you pay the Amazon import fee deposit then you will pay nothing more when it gets to you, the import fees thing is so amazon pays the customs charge for you. Done it myself in the past, you wont pay anything else after that.

Comment

Thanks for that, I'll opt in and go for that then.

Comment

If the customs ends up costing less than what amazon charge in teh import fees estimate then they will refund the rest, forgot to mention that.

Comment

Yes, exactly as Importaku explains.

Comment

You should have just made a wanted thread...
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Um, I did. Haha

I also haven't made this purchase yet, do you have one Daryl?

Comment

Not spare. My friend Samuel does, but he's just gone to Las Vegas with his lady friend.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Put an order in eventually. In the country and out of customs in a day. Says it will arrive on the 20th but I suspect it will be far more immediate than that.

Comment

Ended up arriving well before it was due and I even got reimbursed 18p! Would be happy to use this service again.

Comment

It's handy for stopping having to wonder if your stuff will get busted by customs by paying up front. Although i try my damned best to avoid customs if i can lol.

Comment

I don't mind paying customs charges, it is the handling fee that gets my goat.

Comment

I don't like paying either of them, least with Amazon Japan i can gaurantee that i never get stung as i have control over what i declare anything as via Tenso. With everywhere else it's russain roulette hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            I don't mind paying customs charges, it is the handling fee that gets my goat.
                            I do. Why should the government claim 20% tax on something that wasn't intended for sale or use here? Or is a second-hand item that is the subject of a private trade between individuals? They're overstepping their bounds. I dread to think of the hundreds of pounds I've wasted lining their pockets because they've seen fit to help themselves.

Comment

I can appreciate that but what're you gonna do?

Comment

Working...
                              X