The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Absolutely, and LOU is a perfectly serviceable adventure for the system. It's purely the GOTY plaudits I always found undeserved.
    Yet for me it's comfortably in the top 5 games ever! I've never been so involved in a video game story or it's characters. In fact, the only game I can think of that gets close is Planescape, and there might be some rose tinted specs involved there. I loved the combat too. Obviously not perfect, but super cinematic and brutal. The multiplayer was also criminally underrated!

Comment

The Last of Us has amazing design. It's a series of small arcade style levels that are seamlessly linked with a wonderful world and story. The sheer genius is how different people's stats are when playing it. Perhaps it needed a ranking system after each level because I tell you, mastering an area and getting through it fast and unharmed is as good as any game I've played.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        New trailer:

Will not watch. Will not watch. Will not watch. I'm just going to assume it's awesome.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

Watch it!! Watch it!! Watch it!!

WATCH IT!!

I just have. Once again I get to use the word I invented to describe Uncharted 2: Unbefreakincredilievable!!

Comment

Oh FFS, I shouldn't have, but I did. I have the breaking strain of a kit kat. Hoooooo.............leeeeeeeeee............****. I need this game.

Comment

Have they super-imposed FMV over the top of the bad guy faces? There's nothing from stopping them using such techniques if the QTE angles are the same each time. Maybe they can overlay the lighting for each scene to help disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Perhaps it needed a ranking system after each level because I tell you, mastering an area and getting through it fast and unharmed is as good as any game I've played.
                But Bayonetta is better for that. TLoU was just far far too easy, even on the hardest mode. There's nothing 'survival' about taking bullets and continuing to sprint. What the game really needs is a LTK mode. One-hit deaths. With only a quick-save for when you have to leave the console (ie. pick back up from where you left off later. No multiple save slots. No reloads after death). Add some smart enemies to that and we're fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  But Bayonetta is better for that. TLoU was just far far too easy, even on the hardest mode. There's nothing 'survival' about taking bullets and continuing to sprint.
                  What's great with TLoU's combat is creating fight scenes that look cool as hell and super cinematic. That's where it excels for me - more so than anything else. I'd often revert to a previous save if a mistake resulted in something that looked clumsy. Unlike Bayonetta, It wasn't about not getting hit and nailing things perfectly. Getting whacked in the face by a 2*4 was part of it

Comment

I thought the trailer shown at E3 was really good. Better than a lot of movie trailers. The footage at the dance was really intense and you felt the passion between the two of them, and the footage of the living hell she's now in just to survive made those innocent days seem even more distant and abstract. Bravo!

Comment

I still don't think The Last Of Us needs a sequel but I did enjoy that trailer and it's made me cautiously optimistic that we may get a game that's as incredible as the first one. I doubt any game I'll ever play going forwards will match The Last Of Us, but I'll certainly give this sequel a try to find out.

Comment

It all hangs on the gameplay advancements for me. Naughty Dog received so much praise for the first games trawl of zombie clichés storyline that I can't see them feeling the need to make much more effort on that front this time out either. The gameplay sections they showed looked more fluid and visually excellent so a lot comes down to how dynamic the enemy patterns are as opposed to the first games overly structured sections.

Comment

I can see the writers' leanings to The Walking Dead being more pronounced this time around. Tbh if Naughty Dog can capture the right tone and level of maturity like they did with the first one, I'll be on board all over again.

What I've read so far is that Joel is still around but NG hasn't gone into detail about in what capacity. Given I enjoyed when the roles got reversed in the last game, I'll be interested to see how Ellie being the lead pans out given her ferocity and skills with a switchblade and rifle were pretty noticeable in TLoU.

Comment

The Last of Us Part 2 has a release date already and based on the reports this was not announced by PlayStation but was leaked online. As per the rumor, the game sequel is coming on May 22, 2020. The leaker The...

Rumour that the release date is set for 22 May 2020

Comment

I better get my skates on and complete no 1 first then.

Comment

The Last of Us Part 2 – “You Are Not Ready,” Says Troy Baker

“There is nothing about this game, nor the reveals, that hasn’t been one hundred per cent carefully crafted and methodically curated,” said Troy Baker, who plays Joel in the series. “All I can tell you is that as much as you’re clamouring for it, you’re not ready.”

Comment

Working...
                                X