Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famicom on Bang & Olufsen (Picture Black and white!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The regular Famicom has a crap composite signal, AV Famicom is the one to get for composite.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      The regular Famicom has a crap composite signal, AV Famicom is the one to get for composite.
      I'm sure my other AV Modded famicom had a nicer picture...maybe a crt will help it (I hope)

Comment

Well, there are some methods that give a better image than others.

Composite will look better on a CRT for sure though, that is what the shadow mask is for... R-Right?

Comment

My little bro just came round, altered the colours on the LCD (for now) and that has helped already.
          Its nice to have a famicom back :-) just need a nice crt again now :-)

Comment

Seems like a waste since you have your B&O. Maybe a Famicom can be modded to output PAL compatible composite colour.

Comment

Played some Arkanoid. Then played a lot of donkey kong jnr. Enjoying that. When I have a bit more money, I'm going to buy the original DK hacked game that plays the same as the arcade original (cement mixer level) maybe get a spinner for arkanoid (depending if there is anything else in the arkanoid family...I'm sure there is another...)

Is the Toshiba set the only CRT with a 19" screen as far as consumer TV's go...

Comment

Hiya again guys...please could someone confirm what I actually need to buy to get a colour image on my B&O..(with famicom)
                can I buy a converter that will plug into the mains and cables...will that work...I'm not sure what to buy.
                Thank You :-)

Comment

Something like this:http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...510623&alt=web

Comment

Thanks Base, will this defo work...am I compromising anything using my famicom this way?
                    Thank you for help man.

EDIT

Is there anything I can buy that will run off a mains plug. I Can't really use a USB to power it...

Comment

Buy a USB plug, or use the one that you almost certainly should already have from your phone!

Comment

Hides, yes you may laugh at me...I forgot about USB Plugs....
                        Okay...i'll buy that, i guess i put my famicom cables into that, what do i buy to put into the tv from the converter...
                        thank you...

Comment

Should just need some male to male RCA cables.

Comment

Thank you. Sorry for being docile, so much going on right now. I defo need games for escapism and fun!

Comment

Well, I hope you get it all sorted.

Comment

Thank You Speedy, Thank you too Base. I'm kind of reluctant to let go of the B&O because, well, not so much stylish, although I do think it looks nice for a CRT. Its just got a nice back. Of course one day I'm going to have to get a Broadcast monitor, because, I've never heard anything but praise for them on all the retro forums I use. Even more affordable now, although, I don't think that may of been the case in the 80's?

Comment

Working...
                                X